As part of the TomTom Amazing Britain series, we’re asking ABR readers to create their own route and send it in to us. We’ll select the best submission which will feature your route in Issue 61 of Adventure Bike Rider.
As is the case with all the TomTom Amazing Britain routes, yours will need to be in the UK or Ireland, be rideable across two days of a weekend, and must feature a series of fascinating, quirky, awe-inspiring, or downright ridiculous places to stop at and explore. Take a look at two of our previous routes for an idea of what we expect:
So, if you’ve got a favourite ride you think others will love, plot it on the TomTom Road Trips portal here, publish the route to the community, and send the link of your marvellous ride to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing it!
Using the TomTom Road Trips Portal
- Log in to the TomTom Road Trips Portal.
- Go to the Route Planner tab at the top of the screen.
- In the left hand toolbar select ‘Plan Route’.
- Enter in your waypoints, using the built-in route planner to select hilly and windy roads or exclude motorways from your route.
- You can also zoom in on your route, adding stops along the way.
- Hit ‘Save To My Routes’ when you’re done.
- Select ‘Download Route’ and save it as a GPX file.