KTM 690 LUGGAGE ADVICE

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
paulgoy

Re: KTM 690 LUGGAGE ADVICE

Post by paulgoy »

beddowsm wrote:
Mike54 wrote:mike, 60 litres? How big is your tent? I take less than 30 when I go for 2 weeks in a truck. what are you taking? lets have a list and maybe we can turn you into a packing god :laugh:
Yep, really dont know what Im packing that I dont need.

Heres what I took to the Pyrenees last year for a 10 day trip....the blue bag is 60L....so I actually took more than 60L.

WP_000206.jpg
Maybe I just buy the coyotee and just fill it.
Mike
There is a roll bag that goes with the coyotee or I guess any roll bag could attach
Don't know what to do myself yet ,in fact not sure exactly what I will need apart from the obvious tent ,sleeping bag and mat , what about clothing shoes ect ? How much what to take for 10 days
Any advice very welcome
Cheers
Paul
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

I use the Coyote. I can fit everything I need inside except my tent. I don't take cooking kit. I don't use a tank bag or roll bag but do have a little space in my camelbak where I carry my first aid kit.

What I carry inside the Coyote:

Thermarest
sleeping bag
wash kit including full size towel
4 days change of clothes
Size 14 trainers
Tubes, chain lube and toolkit

What else do you need?

I'm going to get a compact towel this year and take a pillow!
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

paulgoy wrote: Mike
There is a roll bag that goes with the coyotee or I guess any roll bag could attach
Don't know what to do myself yet ,in fact not sure exactly what I will need apart from the obvious tent ,sleeping bag and mat , what about clothing shoes ect ? How much what to take for 10 days
Any advice very welcome
Cheers
Paul
Clothes wise - Im keeping this to a min. Walking trousers (also double as shorts with zip off legs!), top and fleece. To wear of ferry on way down and in evenings. Will have 2 base layers for riding in. I'll wash whatever I need in streams. And a pair of trainers. May also stuff in my Rab jacket as it may still be chilly up in the mountains in May.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

ChasF wrote:I use the Coyote. I can fit everything I need inside except my tent. I don't take cooking kit. I don't use a tank bag or roll bag but do have a little space in my camelbak where I carry my first aid kit.

What I carry inside the Coyote:

Thermarest
sleeping bag
wash kit including full size towel
4 days change of clothes
Size 14 trainers
Tubes, chain lube and toolkit

What else do you need?

I'm going to get a compact towel this year and take a pillow!
Good stuff. Think Ill just get the coyotee ordered. You manage to fit in everything that I need. Plus I will have a tank bag.

Got any pics of it on your bike?
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

swfrance12254-1Small.jpg
swfrance12254-1Small.jpg (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
Best I could find - and no I didn't fall off!
nibby

Post by nibby »

Mike,

I would recommend trying the coyote on the bike first (stuffed full) before buying if you can. Not sure about the Husky but found I was a bit cramped on the 690 on the Yorkshire trip last year. It's good kit though, (also not waterproof so you will need dry bags for the river crossings.)

I've got the Wolfman now and lots more room on the bike now and they are fully waterproof. The downside for me is you need racks.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Mike, don't discount the kriega bags. They sit further forward but don't interfere with your legs.

In my experience the bigger bag you have you still end up filling it. If you start with a smaller one, you may well find that you can get your essentials in it.

If you want to try mine on your bike, your welcome too, I can take them to chubbys place
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Mike54 wrote:Mike, don't discount the kriega bags.
Do you need a rack for the Kriega?

Got no rack on the Husky yet. First job is the sub frame mod that Im going to look at doing this weekend. Theres a rear rack I can buy from the states, but not sure if it will fit mine due to the Akro. It would mean re-positioning the exhaust...and I dont have the skill to do that.

Hence why throw over would be ideal?????
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Ah, you on about these Mike?

http://www.kriega.com/overlander-30-fit-kit/

Will give it some thought later. Thats still 30L but with the option of strapping something on the rear seat as well.

Cheers,.....

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”