Re: Pussy for 2012 - Riding the high passes of Europe.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Hi James, nice route but! IMOH on the route south if you go further west theres some better roads (have another glance at my Stella ride) and then on the way up if you can get further west again and take in Lake Maggiore which brings you near the highest waterfall and the highest dam and then on to the Gothard pass (stunnning like the rest) then accross to the Stelvio, then try and take inthe Dolomites (stunning.jaw dropping!) and then on the way back take in Lake Bodensee (if your lucky the Airships will be up)
Inbetween all of these theres some theres loads of passes to take in!

All just my 2 penneth worth! but if you want more I`ll drag my "routes done maps" out when I get a break in work and give you some more.

I also might want to hook up for some/all of it as I`m not going to work as much next year like I planned this year!! But that went tits up!!

Cheers Marc

p.s I got you some lovely tree pics yesterday from a very hidden location on Anglesey ;)
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
James691

Post by James691 »

You Star! :)

As with any ride out mate it's fluid and open to change. I just want to get those 3 places done and then if you know of some crackers off the way then cool, lets go for it!

So, any information and suggestions are always welcome to make a ride more interesting and get some jaw dropping views in.:woohoo:

Hmmm what have you been up to now in the Welsh sector! :unsure:
Dancing in the moonlight
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Ive loads of work to do in the next few weeks then I`ll drag it all out!

Accross the road from where we`re working is a wood and until yesterday when Soph and I took our MB`s through the undergrowth we did`nt know there was a derelict manor house not 500 metres from us! Check out "Baron Hill Mansion" images in Google. If you want somewhere amazing to show the kids (or just grown ups) its worth the drive before the developers get there hands on it! (due soon)

cheers Marc
James691

Post by James691 »

No rush man :)

I'll have a look on google for that place!

The ride down from Calais to Monaco is only about 700 miles - so the whole place is a playground for up to a week :woohoo:

We can just keep adding places and see what other ABRers come with to.

So far - PLACES
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

This one? Hidden Mansion
Dancing in the moonlight
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Monaco is lovely, but it takes forever to get in & out, its stinking hot & parking a bike is "not" just a case of pull on a pavement like most of the rest of mainland EU.

This sort of route was`nt on my list of to do`s next year but I`m already replanning (apart from late June as I`m making Soph ride her Fant to Poland!:laugh: )

talk soon

cheers Marc
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

James691 wrote:This one? Hidden Mansion
Thats the one!That Earth image doe`snt show the half of it!! We`re working in the nearest house to it on Wexham st.

Its one of the eeriest places Ive been

cheers Marc
James691

Post by James691 »

Won't be doing Monaco mate! Very over priced and been there many a time - to ride through. I'm looking more at vista and altitude places for the run not a £30 coffee in some crappy cafe ;)

Speak to you soon and will pm my number.
Dancing in the moonlight
mawse

Post by mawse »

James

Your route is sooooo close to one of the best areas in Italy! Aim for the Dolomites and try and do the Sella Ronda (its a ski tour!), but can be done on road too. You take in about 5 or 6 more cracking passes, some bloody crackin views and roads, then go down into Selva di Gardena. There is a great guest house off the main drag with stunning views of the Sella massif nice off road parking and a bar 5mins away :whistle:

I can post you more stuff if you want :)

Are you looking for riding buddies, or is it a loner???
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

For what its worth, I did something similar last year with a few mates, Attached map highlights what was intended, but we had to alter our route slightly due to a breakdown. We started from Cherbourg, and finished in Calais. Did our trip in 9 days, but whats on the map should be dooable in 12.

Bon Voyage

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”