RE Interceptor price announced

The Things We Ride
crofty

RE Interceptor price announced

Post by crofty »

red-3.png
red-3.png (375.41 KiB) Viewed 3633 times
i know its not an adventure bike but if it is as good as the Himalayan is proving to be £5500 new should make it a big seller.
Spike941

Re: RE Interceptor price announced

Post by Spike941 »

Looks nice on paper, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Me like, sunny summers day, ride along the coast :D
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I saw them at the NEC and they look good in the flesh. They feel lower and lighter than the current Bonneville and to me the Interceptor had a really nice riding position. The quality of finish looked as good if not better than anything else on the market. Enfield really seemed to have upped their game in recent years, they also have an expanding network of dealers all of whom are likely to have models for test rides.
My local dealer certainly has faith. He only started with Enfield this year has sold as many Himalayans as he can get hold off and has pre ordered 25 of the twins.
If I was looking for a retro bike one of these would be at the top of my list, I hope to get a test ride next time my Himalayan is in for service.
Cheers Jak
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

"Looks the part" rather better than the Triumph twins IMO.

But will it sell?

The Triumphs do, but the Kawasaki (which looked more like a Meriden Triumph than the Thai Triumphs do) didn't.
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

It is interesting comparison to the W650/800 as I gather they struggled a bit. The Interceptor gets my attention on price alone, much the same as the Himalayan, which I've been thoroughly impressed with over the last 16,000 miles on mine. I get the impression RE are on an upward curve and maybe will sell the bike off the back of that momentum, the price tag and the fact it seems to have received decent reviews (though all new bikes generally do these days). They're also brave enough to go with a 3 year manufacturer warranty on these, which hopefully tells us something about how they're put together. Keen to have a go myself.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The original RE Interceptor always looked like a heavy great lump to me...but this looks rather better
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Love it. How long until the 'adventure' variant is released? :roll:
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

I like it!.... always had a bit of a soft spot for the Bullets, and the Enfield twins. One of the big twins in a nickel-plated Metisse frame - my idea of a "real" motorbike (if I can't have a Black Shadow/Lightning ;) ). So the new beastie's certainly something to consider - I know where I'll be heading at the NEC later this month!

Having spent my schooldays with Triumph and BSA (A10) twins, I've always thought the Thai Triumphs try a bit too hard to look retro (and what's that "Bobber" all about? Hideous :roll: )
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

I'm very much drawn to this style of bike as I have a W650. I note the RE has a rev counter and the rear shocks look better than on the Kawasaki plus the RE has rear disc brake but perhaps not a kick starter. I think the front mudguard needs extending at the rear or the oil filter will get covered in dirt and tank rubber knee pads would make a nice touch. I hope RE do well with it.

Trevor

Return to “BIKES”