Friday 12th Evening run - Warwickshire

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tyrant68

Friday 12th Evening run - Warwickshire

Post by Tyrant68 »

I don't know if any of you Adventure types fancy meeting at The Wharf at Fenny Compton for a bite to eat Friday evening and then a ride up onto the Burton Dassett hills at Dusk?
Reason being its the night the Perseid Meteor showers will be at that their strongest and the hills being where they are are ideally located . Apparently last year it wasn't unusal to see 80-100 per hour.
No offroad tyres needed as the roads are either tarmac/broken tarmac.
Ty
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Sprockette

Re: Friday 12th Evening run - Warwickshire

Post by Sprockette »

I could be interested Ty. I'll be at the Bulldog that day which is practically around the corner.
Jayrob

Post by Jayrob »

Well maybe ,finish work 3ish friday ferry to france from Porthmouth 23.00 saturday looks good and it`s on the way but still no packed let you now tomoz
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Sprockette wrote:I could be interested Ty. I'll be at the Bulldog that day which is practically around the corner.
Ah yes , its at the County Raceway isn't it? Not too far

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Jayrob wrote:Well maybe ,finish work 3ish friday ferry to france from Porthmouth 23.00 saturday looks good and it`s on the way but still no packed let you now tomoz
Ok :)

gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

what time will you be in the pub ty,i'll neet you in there about 7 45 i won't be eating but will have a beer while you do,see you there.gary.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

gazxt1200z wrote:what time will you be in the pub ty,i'll neet you in there about 7 45 i won't be eating but will have a beer while you do,see you there.gary.
Sounds good to me :)

Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

So, Sprockette and Gaz are you up for this? Anyone else?

BD Hills

If its piddling down I won't be going :laugh:

According to Craigrevo it has been known as a dogging site :laugh: , though I'm not quite sure how he has so much intel on the matter :P

Alun

Post by Alun »

I think I'll pop along for a bit of star gazing, maybe have Bryn in tow also now that he's passed his test and all that.

And yes, BD has a rep for being dogging central so we might even see a few moons rising.
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

Yep, I'll come along for sure. We meeting at the Wharf Pub thing you say? What time? Looks like Friday is going to be my "Finally meet ABR members" day. :)

Been looking at some videos of the meteor showers that have happened elsewhere, amazing stuff, hope its not too cloudy. I've seen the odd falling star type thing, but never a shower.

Anyone read/seen Day of the Trifids? :laugh:

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”