Tax Bill!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
-Ralph-

Tax Bill!

Post by -Ralph- »

NIP though the post this morning.

Unmarked motorcycle parked in the shadow underneath the bridge here.

https://goo.gl/maps/HwYTEo6o2iJ2

Just looked like a some bloke on a touring bike (Pan Euro or similar) broken down or stopped for a break, until I got closer and saw the tripod set up behind the bike. Too late!

Weather and visibility pretty much same as that google streetview. Middle of the day with light traffic.

Dual carriageway with central barrier and slip road equipped junctions, no give ways, or crossings.

84mph.

Click, click, click, £100, £100, £100, thank you very much Sir, thank you very much Sir, thank you very much Sir.

I'd rather be doing 84mph there than 60mph on a single carriageway, passing oncoming vehicles a few feet away with a 120mph closing speed.

Being on the outskits of Winchester, there's about 20 primary schools within a 5 mile radius.

I stick religiously to any speed limit except NSL. Think I'll have to start sticking to those as well as big brother is watching you, and the only thing big brother cares about is speed. I'll just set the cruise control, stop concentrating and listen to the radio instead, it seems to be what the government want.

I could have been drunk, high on drugs, a kilo of Heroin and a dead body in the boot, having just stolen the car, with no driving license. But so long as I pass that police officer at the speed limit he'll leave me alone.

But hey ho, no point complaining about it, you break the law, you get caught, tough titty.

I just reckon there's better ways to deploy that police officer and that motorcycle, paid for by the tax payer.

If he'd actually come after me and stopped me I wouldn't mind, he'd have the chance for instance to smell if there was alcohol on my breath, but that'd stop him clicking the £100 button for 10 minutes.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
OnHellas

Re: Tax Bill!

Post by OnHellas »

I would imagine other checks were done too.
MOT
Road Tax
Insurance
Outstanding warrants against the owner etc

If it's any consolation I've just lost my temper with a brand new Arai visor and pin lock insert.
Another £85 in the bin......mind you, that means I'm still £15 better of than you on the deal.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

OnHellas wrote:I would imagine other checks were done too.
MOT
Road Tax
Insurance
Outstanding warrants against the owner etc

If it's any consolation I've just lost my temper with a brand new Arai visor and pin lock insert.
Another £85 in the bin......mind you, that means I'm still £15 better of than you on the deal.
The only reason those checks will now be done is because I've been reported for speeding. There was only one tripod, so I doubt the police motorcyclist had an APNR camera. If I'd gone past at 70mph, I'd have slipped through as if I'd never been there.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I'm not anti-police, but I am against the way the police operate at times. To be parked under the bridge would mean he was parked in a no-stopping zone which is an offence.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

If he was parked in the carriageway maybe but unless he had a death wish, I'm guessing he was on the concrete strip at the side of the road? ;)
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

You could...and I stress could...ignore it, wait for the next reminder and ignore that one as well...it might, and I stress might, never be pursued.

I've done that :blush:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

AlanHolt wrote:I'm not anti-police, but I am against the way the police operate at times. To be parked under the bridge would mean he was parked in a no-stopping zone which is an offence.
So all bridges have no stopping TROs applied to them then? I don't think so.....
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Mad Cow wrote:If he was parked in the carriageway maybe but unless he had a death wish, I'm guessing he was on the concrete strip at the side of the road? ;)
On the section of pavement underneath the bridge.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Scott_rider wrote:You could...and I stress could...ignore it, wait for the next reminder and ignore that one as well...it might, and I stress might, never be pursued.

I've done that :blush:
Nah, I'm caught bang to rights and I should get offered a speed awareness course, I'm sure it's more than three years since I did one. As an advanced rider who never speeds anywhere except NSL, that's going to be 4 hours of my life I'll never get back though.
snaf

Post by snaf »

So you're approaching a joining slip road on a bend with contrasting light conditions at speed. You spot a motorcycle and rider at the side of road, what do you do?

You may want to ask that one at the next speed awareness course you do.

Return to “THE PUB”