New member from Salford

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
shayne0891

New member from Salford

Post by shayne0891 »

Hi, not so new to the riding scene, been riding for about 5 years now but still suffer from mates with rideophobia it seems. Always mean to get round to joining a group so here goes. Looking for like minded people for ride outs, weekends away and even touring! currently got a 1200gs and a drz400. I live in salford but pretty much city centre of Manchester.

Now the weather is getting better looking forward to getting out at the weekends and some of the events coming up. Not as appealing planning to go on your own though! The DRZ doesn't see much outside the garage at the moment. As much as it's fun, again it loses the appeal when a) I don't know where to go and b) nobody to laugh with when you fall off! plus as I ride the GS every day to work my arse has somewhat become accustomed to it and near disintegrates if I ride the DRZ for a day!

I go touring with my mate once a year but he's all the way down in Essex and a year is a long time to satisfy the urge. I love the camping side of things too and don't get enough of it! got a few dates in the calendar for this year like the bike festivals overland event touratech one, but would be better to meet a group and do this stuff with people so you can enjoy riding there and back too!

Anyway anyone local feel free to chip in as I'm pretty easy going and up for full on day rides on the big bikes, weekends away, green lanes, events and if i could get on one, tours!

cheers guys.
Rederic

Re: New member from Salford

Post by Rederic »

[center]Welcome Aboard

(thumbs)
[/center]

I dare say Anthony will be along soon he will point you in the direction of a few local rideouts
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Welcome!
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

welcome, just around the corner from me in cheadle

steve
jaffa1963

Post by jaffa1963 »

Hiya Shayne.
Steve

jaffa1963

Triumph Tiger 800 XCX

BMW F650
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

Hi mate as eric said I would be along.there is a group of us from Swinton,leigh,bolton and one from skem.we ride out nearly every sunday.some of the lads do of road,but when they are there is usally lads doing tarmac dutys.i live just up the road from you in wardley so if you fancy a ride out P.M me.but be prepaired for loads of banter (thumbs)

cheers tony
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

hi shayne, another local (leigh) i'm a recent addition to anthonys rideouts via his whatsapp group. If he asks you to join ffs find out how to turn notifications OFF before joining it :whistle:

Welcome, we are out all weathers

PS. tony is jealous cos he sold his little dirtbike and feels left out when we go off-roading (like yesterday)
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

scotsy wrote:hi shayne, another local (leigh) i'm a recent addition to anthonys rideouts via his whatsapp group. If he asks you to join ffs find out how to turn notifications OFF before joining it :whistle:

Welcome, we are out all weathers

PS. tony is jealous cos he sold his little dirtbike and feels left out when we go off-roading (like yesterday)
Scotsy you are a bit blunt next you be telling him about his chopper, are you sure a certain mr Trump never got some tips from you
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard from the Somerset. Great mix of bikes you have there (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
MarcusRothwell

Post by MarcusRothwell »

WELCOME SHAYNE FROM BOLTON

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”