Ace Cafe run 12.9. 2010

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Toby

Ace Cafe run 12.9. 2010

Post by Toby »

Ace Café run 12.09.10

Just spoken with Alun and coincidentally in addition to his run... myself and a few friends take an annual trip down to the Ace café reunion and Brighton run event, a trip that some ABR members may do already - but the twist to our trip is for our little gang to set off from Mickleton at about 6.45 am on the Sunday morning and meet up with about 200 bikers at TGI Fridays in Cheltenham.

Then we all take off from Chelt at 7.45 am ish and head off through the town on mass and then go for it at our various speeds all to meet up again at a lay bye just North of Oxford on the A 40 for the usual biker lay bye talk and then off again all together and make for Hanger Lane on the North circular.

When we get there about 10 ish we are met with the site of ‘a lot’ of bikes all either parked up or arriving. Over the four years (I think?) that we’ve been doing the run, we have tried to guess the number of bikes and we think it’s some thousands, perhaps 3 – 4 thousand but we’re not really sure.

After coffee etc someone somewhere seems to make with a signal of some kind and all the riders who want to then go on to Brighton start their engines in readiness for the off. Personally I have never heard anything like it… it’s a spectacular sound, and every type of bike and style of biking you can think of is there from café racers to chopped machines from Europe to enduros and customs and all the usual mix of road bikes.

As I said some members may go anyway, but if you fancy making it some kind of ABR event then it would be good to try and work something out from maybe various regions.

Anyone from Stratford and surrounding area interested, post up a reply and we'll sort something out meet up wise. We normally set of as I said from Mickleton village so could either encorporate that of arrange something else
… Toby
Picture_041.jpg
Picture_041.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
GOG 007

Re:Ace Cafe run 12.9. 2010

Post by GOG 007 »

Nice idea Toby, but there'll be a few on here that will be coming back from the XRV National meet on that day. Hopefully one day we could have an ABR National meet :)
Alun

Re:Ace Cafe run 12.9. 2010

Post by Alun »

GOG 007 wrote:
Hopefully one day we could have an ABR National meet :)
I have it in mind, will start planning soon.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”