The Motorcycle Diaries - Che

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
James691

The Motorcycle Diaries - Che

Post by James691 »

[video][/video]

I loved this flim, it was in Spanish but it does come with subbies for those that don't Habla. Unles there is a dubbed version?
Dancing in the moonlight
stormfield

Re: The Motorcycle Diaries - Che

Post by stormfield »

Great film. Good book as well.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Full details here of all possible versions... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318462/

I would recommend that anyone wanting to watch this actually read the book first,as even the best adaptations have to miss things out to make the edit and budget.

Of course here is the inevitable linky to amazon

But also worth reading is the book by his companion on the trip, Alberto Granado, for an indication of how his life might have gone if he had not become even more deeply politicised a couple of years later in Guatemala.

Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Wandering Star

Post by Wandering Star »

Loved the book, loved the film, what an amazing guy to give up a wealthy lifestyle and a significant social standing for the poorer people of the world.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Wandering Star wrote:Loved the book, loved the film, what an amazing guy to give up a wealthy lifestyle and a significant social standing for the poorer people of the world.
I dunno - I admire the Castro brothers as much as Ernetso, as he did many good things but a part of him died at some point quite early on in the Cuban campaign.He was a ruthless disciplinarian with his own people and would summarily execute dissenters. Then later in his personal writings try to justify his actions.

He was undoubtedly an intelligent man with a vision to change South America for the better and his flair for military tactics helped win the Cuban revolution, but also he fought ignorance and educated his troops, and implemented the land reforms,outstanding health care and education systems that Cubans still enjoy.

But he stopped being the life saver and became a ruthless killer. Any efficient enemy to the United States would always be a target and that is what he sadly became. There were allegedly nearly as many "CIA advisor's" as Bolivian soldiers in the patrol that captured him, and then gunned him down in the schoolhouse.

A complicated man with many demons, but even though he knew how to play the media he never really wanted to be the icon he became. To him it was all about the revolution.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Just ordered the book of Amazon, wonder who gets the royalties? cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
davsato

Post by davsato »

i'll have to dig it out and read it again then, because i thought it was boring.
Dave
scouse

Post by scouse »

Actually his surviving family and a Cuban Youth organisation, I believe...

ricogebs

Post by ricogebs »

I thought the 2 part Steven Soderbergh epic titled "Che" was an amazing film. Very emotive and beautifully shot and casted (Benicio del Toro's finest acting performance to date)
...... well recommended to all persons interested in the Guevara phenomenon.

Rico.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

In 1997 I was part of a 3 man expedition that travelled from the outlet of the Amazon to the source and then over the Andes and across the desert to the Pacific.

Whilst in Peru, we teamed up with some anti-drugs police and one day they invited us to visit the leper colony that Che worked at.

We thought it a bit odd at first but agreed and when we got there we were greeterd with hugs and kisses all round and treated like kings. They were some of the happiest people I have ever met despite the obvious loss of bodily parts. There was a wedding going on during our stay - it was incredible.

A memory that will stay with me forever. A truly humbling and moving experience.

Return to “VIDEOS”