Salisbury plain beware

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
tea007

Salisbury plain beware

Post by tea007 »

Beware lads police have been out on salisbury plain they arrested 8 people and seized 3 bikes,they are on a crackdown,they are on off road bikes,got home from work today and wife handed me Salisbury journal it got full page about off road bikes,keep to proper routes but I'm sure you will
Steve
Tea007
Jelly

Re: Salisbury plain beware

Post by Jelly »

Probably seized due to no insurance.

Edited to add....

Or a section 59 offence. Antisocial driving/riding.
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

THANKS Steve..

to be fair to the police and landmarshalls they do a excellent light handed approach...it was always hard in the past to decied which was a byeway and which not. But they have errected many signs...but not all are marked up.

its the mx and idiots who spoil it , they care for no one even other enduro riders,had a few close calls in the past,its a huge area with few landmarks so getting lost is easy...a map is required but a sat nav wit the new garmin gb discovery or memory map is best as it shows exaactly where you are.

I've had a few disagrements in the past with the law over. Trails, if you can show common sence then fine..be civil they are looking out for you as there is lots of unexploded bombs off piste...

ride safe and eenjoy this area..
tea007

Post by tea007 »

Cheers mate
As newbie I thought I would just let all know,as you said mx boys spoiling it and as somebody else said no insurance hope you have a great day today
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

When we were down there with Tramp last year we missed a turning on the trails and the police in a few 4x4 pick ups pulled us over, checked us out and pointed out where we should have been and wished us good riding for the rest of the day

They even cleaned our number plates for us

Nice chaps and sensibly policed
MORT 666

Post by MORT 666 »

Is their signs marking roots.? :)

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”