Bivi bags??

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
scouse

Re: Bivi bags??

Post by scouse »

appleby wrote: It's just a bit too heavy for carrying though!
Yes they do do a lighter version... the one I quoted the Mark II LIGHT ;)

But we are discussing things to use when Adventure Touring on a bike... aren't we ??? If it weighs less than 5 kilos, it's jobs a good 'un :)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

My days of light weight hiking are over, they were never realy there. I bought the Vaude tunnel tent years ago and never regretted it, on hiking it was split up 50-50, on the bike or in the car I'm not bothered about weight but bulk is annoying. My tent is a three man which is overkill when I'm on my own. As I said I prefere the bivibag but when I need shelter then I use the tent and £100 bucks for the Phakt seems like a good price but its inner pitch, if its not chucking it down I'll use the bivi bag.
Seems like a few here dont like bivibags but for the size and weight I'll always pack one along with the tent. Belt and Braces:
Looks like I'll just get another Vaude as no one can convince me innerpitch is better
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Lancastermick wrote:
Motorcycle diary Scotland 041.jpg
Single skin tent and tarp..under 1.5 kgs in total. The tarp lets me leave the flap open to reduce condensation and also gives me a workspace in the rain. Suits me.
I've got an Outdoor Designs Ridge Raider single skin tent and the air permeable Goretex means you don't have the condensation problems that followed older Goretex tents

It's just about big enough to get all your bike kit in with you at night and can be pitched in just under 5 minutes after you've done an initial test run in your back garden.
It's weighs in at 1.6kg and comes with a decent waterproof bag so you can quickly pack it and bungee it on the back of a bike and not worry about having a soggy ent when you stop at the end of the day.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”