Mid-size bikes are better adventure bikes

The Things We Ride
SteveR

Re: Mid-size bikes are better adventure bikes

Post by SteveR »

Of course they are...

Good review here from last year Here Check out No.6 Spud....:-)

Should soon get a buyer for my spare NX400 now! :laugh:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Redmurty wrote:still available then

http://powersports.honda.com/2017/xr650l/street.aspx

cheers Spud ;)
So many nice toys still sold in the US, but not here..... :(
Grahamkevinbutler

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

It's a cracking bike and maybe more suited to what they have done so fare.
Brads

Post by Brads »

More anti GSA bollocks.
Magic. Someone else who doesn`t have one and thinks no one else should.
Sounds more sheepish every day tbh.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

We did that with 3 XR650Ls.15 years ago
Fun to experiment but I think he may be disappointed.

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote:Same reason the Lada 4x4 and Fiat Panda 4x4 are such brilliant machines and popular as anything.

Get stuck in them [unlikely in the first place] and 4 people can lift them out of it......
Ha ha, yesterday the almost legendary BokitoJos and his daughter Laurel turned back on one of the best - worst? - HISS trails and would not accept that a car could do it, well ...

.. OK the picture wasn't on some of the steep bits, about 1 in 5 I guess, as I couldn't stop ...

... just for fun, climb from 1,355m to 1,512m, hence 157m, in 840m makes 45º according to this freebie - anyone know what that is in real money?

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

The Spanish Biker wrote: ... just for fun, climb from 1,355m to 1,512m, hence 157m, in 840m makes 45º according to this freebie - anyone know what that is in real money?
I reckon in old money its 840 / 157 = 1 in 5.35, so your slope guesstimate was spot on (thumbs) , and using the latest UK display of slope, I reckon it's 18%.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Oop North John wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote: ... just for fun, climb from 1,355m to 1,512m, hence 157m, in 840m makes 45º according to this freebie - anyone know what that is in real money?
I reckon in old money its 840 / 157 = 1 in 5.35, so your slope guesstimate was spot on (thumbs) , and using the latest UK display of slope, I reckon it's 18%.
Thanks for that, also factor in the surface, which mainly consists of 'pebbles' the size of grapefruit ...

Just for the record, here's my description in the Field Guide, which are deliberately subjective, that Jos evidently didn't heed,

I think this is the most wonderful trail I've ever come across! After an easy section down to the beginning of a popular ravine walk - so a 'H' for hazard there, after it crosses the river a really wild trails climbs up the steep escarpment in a seemingly never ending climb. The trail is narrow, bouldery and precipitous with very steep sections of climbs and drops - and I mean very steep!

More fun today ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Ha ha, yesterday the almost legendary BokitoJos and his daughter Laurel turned back on one of the best - worst? - HISS trails and would not accept that a car could do it, well ...
4 wheels driving versus 1 wheel, no contest on loose shale or boulders Simon... :whistle:

Looks a bit like the appalling/wonderful trail Paul (Bimbler) and I found when we had a map reading error 2 years ago... The one where I genuinely thought I would need a helicopter evacuation for Paul!! ;)
scoobydidler

Mid-size bikes are better adventure bikes

Post by scoobydidler »

AlanHolt wrote:It's not just my opinion, but also Ewan McGregors...
Link

I guess the price of XR650's will go through the roof as sheep try to swap their GS for one.
Oh well, if Ewan says so................

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Return to “BIKES”