New outdoor bling for 2011

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Alun

New outdoor bling for 2011

Post by Alun »

The great and the good of the UK outdoor industry gathered in the wilderness near Leamington Spa today for the unveiling of next seasons gear and gadgets. At times it resembled the Oscars as the elite bearded, bobble hat and red sock brigade hiked between lines of groupies to enter the adventure halls of dreams.

Anyway, what I'm attempting to say here is that I had a full day looking at stuff like camping stoves, sleeping bags, tents, and all manner of goodies in the Royal Showgrounds between Leamington and Warwick. And man, was I drooling.

I'll be posting up pics when I get them and I've managed to get a load of buffs for competitions but for now I'll just rattle off a few of the highlights.

Pacific Outdoor Equipment have a neat ultralight sleeping mat which comes with bio mapping insulation and a new feature called Radiant Heat Return which is essentially aluminium particles infused into the fabric and a 10% greater heat retention than what's available at present. A great product if you're a bivi boyo.

Australian gear company Sea to Summit have a 40L day pack made out of ultra thin Cordura which packs down to the size of a cigarette packet and weighs only 80gms. Just the job for overseas trips when you park the bike up and want to go walkies. As it's made out of Cordura this bag is seriously strong for its weight and pack size.

More to follow...
appleby

Re:New outdoor bling for 2011

Post by appleby »

Alun wrote:
The great and the good of the UK outdoor industry gathered in the wilderness near Leamington Spa today for the unveiling of next seasons gear and gadgets. At times it resembled the Oscars as the elite bearded, bobble hat and red sock brigade hiked between lines of groupies to enter the adventure halls of dreams.

Anyway, what I'm attempting to say here is that I had a full day looking at stuff like camping stoves, sleeping bags, tents, and all manner of goodies in the Royal Showgrounds between Leamington and Warwick. And man, was I drooling.

I'll be posting up pics when I get them and I've managed to get a load of buffs for competitions but for now I'll just rattle off a few of the highlights.

Pacific Outdoor Equipment have a neat ultralight sleeping mat which comes with bio mapping insulation and a new feature called Radiant Heat Return which is essentially aluminium particles infused into the fabric and a 10% greater heat retention than what's available at present. A great product if you're a bivi boyo.

Australian gear company Sea to Summit have a 40L day pack made out of ultra thin Cordura which packs down to the size of a cigarette packet and weighs only 80gms. Just the job for overseas trips when you park the bike up and want to go walkies. As it's made out of Cordura this bag is seriously strong for its weight and pack size.

More to follow...

A 40l pack that weighs 80g is called a Durex Gossamer!
Alun

Post by Alun »

appleby wrote:
And they're sending me a sample for testing.
appleby

Post by appleby »

Alun wrote:
appleby wrote:
Fill 'er up matey:lol:
E.T.

Post by E.T. »

Alun wrote:
appleby wrote:
:ohmy:

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”