SWM RS300R

The Things We Ride
Tinytots

SWM RS300R

Post by Tinytots »

My mate and I have just bought the above subject bikes after the test ride of all test rides. We had a look at these bikes a Belfast motorcycle show. The guy who ran the stand(Richard) was extremely helpful and gave use a mass of information on the RS300R. I said the proofs in the riding, but that won't happen. Richard said to my friend and I that he would meet use at a local forest and let us ride his private RS300R as hard as we wished :evil: We brought our bikes KTM 400 EXC and Husky WR 250 2T. I took the first spin and was very impressed, then my mate went out on it, again very impressed. The quality is all there and the finish is excellent. We worked out the trade ins and done the deal in the middle of the forest. Our new bikes are now in our sheds ready for the first day out this weekend. I'll let you know what we think after a Sunday thrashing. :woohoo:
Paul_

Re: SWM RS300R

Post by Paul_ »

Hello, how is the bike now you have had it a few weeks?
Still as good as you first thought?

Its on my shortlist, just need to get to see one in the flesh.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

ahem....pictures? :whistle:

(thumbs)

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Tinytots

Post by Tinytots »

My mate and I think the SWM RS300R are excellent. It has heaps of torque and great suspension. On the road it's better than I thought it would be, you could ride it as far as you could ride any other bike in this category. We both feel that the seat is designed as an instrument of torture, it's like sitting on a plank.

We were concerned that with no kickstart the battery won't last, but we have had whole days of electric start action and it never faltered. It is an extremely easy bike to ride and for most riding abilities we see no reason to spend £8k on a Husky or KTM.

It's got, what I can only describe as a power band, which will raise the front wheel easily, without the use of the clutch. The brakes are Brembo, awesome, nuff said. Tyres are also excellent, piles of grip.

The build quality is excellent, as good as any bike of this category. I've fell off more times than I care to admit and the only thing that broke, was the cheap ass knuckle guards I bought and put on. A good set have been fitted.

I initially thought perhaps I should have got the 500, but after riding the 300, I found it more than enough. This is a great bike and I see them becoming popular with the price tag rising to match, my advice, get in there now before this happens. You won't be disappointed.
bowber

Post by bowber »

I seriously looked at getting one but decided that I'd not be using it enough so I bought a very second hand KTM400 to do up instead. 2 months later I'm still working on it :S

Steve
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

There's a good positive video review here

Looks like a great little bike !
Tinytots

Post by Tinytots »

Nico-D wrote:There's a good positive video review here

Looks like a great little bike !
Good review.
Tinytots

Post by Tinytots »

bowber wrote:I seriously looked at getting one but decided that I'd not be using it enough so I bought a very second hand KTM400 to do up instead. 2 months later I'm still working on it :S

Steve
The other mate we go out with has a KTM 400 EXC, which is a great bike.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

I took the plunge with a SWM RS500R - liking it so far. (thumbs)

I test rode a 300, felt a little underpowered for my bulk(!) although it was a brand new (1 mile) engine so I didn't give it WOT or high revs.

Other than engine they appear identical.

Fantastic value for money!
ledwardio

Post by ledwardio »

Are we still liking the RS300R? I'm quite fancying one,
How demanding is the maintenance, and do Husky TE310 accessories fit?
Ta

Return to “BIKES”