A tenere for short people

The Things We Ride
AlanHolt

Re: A tenere for short people

Post by AlanHolt »

Theres only two speeds she rides at off-road, slow or very slow.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

AlanHolt wrote:The alternative...
IMG-20170320-WA0011.jpg
Have you ever found or seen one of these here Alan?
Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Not yet, I was surprised to find 5 for sale in the UK. I cut my teeth on a C90. My dad bought it for me when I was 9, he paid £3 for it. The brakes didn't work, no exhaust, but great fun on the grass fields.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

AlanHolt wrote:Not yet, I was surprised to find 5 for sale in the UK. I cut my teeth on a C90. My dad bought it for me when I was 9, he paid £3 for it. The brakes didn't work, no exhaust, but great fun on the grass fields.
The reason I ask is that I've looked on millannuncios, etc. dozens of times and never a mention, nor have I even seen one here so I'm wondering if they were ever imported ... so many other scooters on the market here maybe?

Regs

Simon

PS how about a Derbi Terra? Fantastic bikes and locally built? There's one on sale on this Forum - UK based but that may not be a problem ...
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
DaleC

Post by DaleC »

A Tenere for short people?

Why not a lowered XT660R (std seat height 860mm) or an XT660X (875mm std seat height). Same engine and weight as the MT-03 but longer travel suspension should you wish to take it off road and have loads of accessories available to make it whatever you want! The MT03 has 130mm of travel whereas the XT660R has 210/200mm.

My girl, who is similar size to yours, was riding my XT660R after lowering the seat height by sliding the forks through the triple clamps (30mm), installing a lowering link in the rear (30mm) and shaving 60mm or so out of the seat. She could tippy toe on both sides or flat foot one side and cost less than €80 for a spare used seat to hack and the lowering link. It feels like a toy to me now :lol:

As an aside, I have seen them professionally lowered further.

Ignore everything I said should you only wish to travel dirt roads as the MT-03 is probably fine for that. (thumbs)
Keyboard Adventurer! :D
robson

Post by robson »

big single for a girl? I would go with twins. (thumbs)

Return to “BIKES”