TRF becomming Extinct?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Crossrutted

Re: TRF becomming Extinct?

Post by Crossrutted »

Hugh, has the procedure for re election of existing directors been clarified/ resolved yet?

I was under the impression that it was agreed to be by individual last year but now somehow it has become by bloc?
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Crossrutted wrote:Hugh, has the procedure for re election of existing directors been clarified/ resolved yet?

I was under the impression that it was agreed to be by individual last year but now somehow it has become by bloc?

They have now dragged in another, usually totally silent, director to slag off the objectors with sarcasm and no wit.

Proud to be an alleged troll and keyboard warrior. :)
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

DavidS wrote:
Crossrutted wrote:Hugh, has the procedure for re election of existing directors been clarified/ resolved yet?

I asked that, amongst other questions (proposed directors manifesto, AGM notice 2 days late, view of accounts - all well before the AGM please), by email and have been told that directors are busy people so it could be around 10 days!! I pointed out that they had time to edit posts and make comments on the forum so they could answer reasonable procedural questions of urgent importance. They wanted everything emailed to them so that's what we are doing.

They have now dragged in another, usually totally silent, director to slag off the objectors with sarcasm and no wit.

As a noob to the TRF I am struggling to find where all this stuff is taking place on the forum.

Can you give us a link please or PM me with one.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote:

Having sat through an unstructured diatribe by a grey man, thank god for past total silence (thumbs)
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

In answer to the various questions, this is how I perceive the current situation.

Every formal society, club, whatever, has to have a set of rules by which the Members and Officials should act, normally called Articles and in certain circumstances, especially Registered Charities, a copy of these documents have to registered at Companies House. The Articles are produced by the Officials, presented to the Members at an AGM, if agreed (ratified) then they are registered and can only be modified or replaced following agreement at the next AGM or EGM.

The TRF, in this case, has an agreed set of Articles which remained in place at the last AGM of 2015, however the current Directors in this current year have produced their own updated version, changing some very serious aspects of the constitution, and they have registered the new documents at Companies House. As I understand therefore the new Articles have not been ratified and therefore must remain as proposals to be voted upon at an AGM if so presented by the Directors.

The original Articles (and the 'new' set) require that a clear 21 days Notice for the holding of an AGM, prior to the 21 days Notice the board should produce a series of documents and reports which should be passed or made available to the whole Membership for scrutiny. The Membership should read and understand those documents, ask for clarification if they do not, and if they should disagree with any parts then the Members can challenge those statements or proposals either before or at the AGM.

The current Directors have advertised their intension to hold an AGM and given a date for that. The current Directors have not yet sent out their various Reports, etc,. They are claiming that the 'new' Articles are the current Official rules under which they are not calling for an AGM but a different category of Meeting and therefore only need to give 14 days notice. They are not presenting Reports, etc, before the Meeting but only on the day of the Meeting.

A number of Members are not at all happy with this and that is one set of reasons why there is some dissent within the ranks. There are many others but they are not for me to discuss in public nor is this a suitable place for them to be discussed.

The TRF has a Forum which has both Public and Members' Only sections, plus another Section reserved purely for named holders of positions within the framework and normally used for conducting internal affairs or business. Neither Members nor Public can see this section and it is to this section that at least one Director is moving Members' Posts, to which he disagrees. Some Posts are being moved from the Forum in their entirety and some are effectively being rewritten/modified without the authors permission. If a Post is deemed to need to be moved from the Forum then the author should be advised accordingly, this is not happening.

Questions which are being asked about protocol from the Members on the Forum or privately and directly to the 'Directors' are not being answered or alternatively are being answered in what the authors feel is a dismissive fashion.

I attach copies of the documents that you have requested and which have been made available so far and that are therefore in the Public Domain.

I am answering your questions as frankly as I may as I would not wish for the TRF to be brought into any disrepute, it is a fine organisation, works hard for the benefits of all recreational and sporting motorcyclists, is run in a family orientated manner and like all families has its internal disagreements, and the TRF wishes to be a good neighbour in the wider contexts of society.

TTFN

Hugh.
Attachments
TRF20Temporary20Bye20Laws20Oct202015.pdf
(173.26 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
TRF_Proxy_Voting_Form_AGM_2016.pdf
(92.64 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Trail2520Riders2520Fellowship2520Limited2520AGM2520notice25202015.pdf
(86.37 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Trail20Riders20Fellowship20AGM20notice202016.pdf
(48.16 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Zebedee

Post by Zebedee »

changed
Zebedee

Post by Zebedee »

Old Git Ray wrote:
DavidS wrote:

I asked that, amongst other questions (proposed directors manifesto, AGM notice 2 days late, view of accounts - all well before the AGM please), by email and have been told that directors are busy people so it could be around 10 days!! I pointed out that they had time to edit posts and make comments on the forum so they could answer reasonable procedural questions of urgent importance. They wanted everything emailed to them so that's what we are doing.

As a noob to the TRF I am struggling to find where all this stuff is taking place on the forum.

Can you give us a link please or PM me with one.
It is difficult to point you in the right direction as any post that does not match the corporate line is deleted.
A few comments have been posted here but not sufficient to give people a true feel for what is happening.
wayne roome

Post by wayne roome »

Think the answer to the original question is YES
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I see from companies house that TRF has some £125k of reserves. What is being done with this, the members funds?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

We shall have to wait a little longer for questions to be answered as the AGM has been postponed until a yet to be confirmed date in January 2017.

The current date will be retained for a National Conference.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”