Apple or windows

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
PaulG

Re: Apple or windows

Post by PaulG »

Had various Windows laptops and tower systems over the years.

Then 3 years ago decided to find out what all the fuss was about and bought a 16" MacBook Pro laptop - best decision I've made for a long time.

Wifey wanted a new laptop for last christmas and didn't want a Mac, so got her a laptop with Windows 8.1 - she is not impressed!

Would NOT go back to Windows.

Paul :)
devon john

Post by devon john »

had problems with my old puter early this year.

talking to Markho at the Dragon suggested i looked at mini mac ,,,,,,, that what i bought ,,,, love it

john
appleby

Post by appleby »

I'm getting a vibe here that Mac is a crock of shite! :whistle:

Windows 98 is the Retro mans crumpet. (thumbs)
mjojom

Post by mjojom »

, been always pro PC tested mac for little did not like it that much - great system for people who wants to just click and it all miraculously happen - same like all "I" things out there. personally, ive always built my own computers, always load fresh OS without a bloatware and I personally never had an issue with win7 or win8 now.
I believe question was laptop or desktop mac? get expensive mac laptop, takes less space does all the things that desktop does and its portable.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I've been with Macs since the beginning, starting out in about 1992 .

The answer is simple, if you want to or have to work for a living get a computer that works hence get a Mac. If your idea of fun of to spend your life trying to get your computer to work, go Windows.

Regs

Simon

PSSent from my ancient MacBook Pro that has paid for itself about twenty times over and hasn't cost me a bean since I bought it about five years ago, has been on the back of my bike trailing around Spain in +40º and -10º

PPS - and since 1992 it's only been my fourth Mac :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Martinl69

Post by Martinl69 »

Mac every time for me and used Macs for 20 years. I have a 27-inch iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air and Mac mini.

I use Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier for video editing, sometimes use iMovie but it's very basic (great if your just getting started). My MacBook Air only has a 256GB drive so it's a little limited for disc space especially for video editing. The iMac is great for this, I've 2TB drive attached for video files (GoPro footage) and 16GB RAM which handles everything.

They are simple to use and pretty much virus free, it's Mac for me!
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Applesolutely ! :)
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

I use both - my partner is a mac enthusiast from iphone to massive desktop and macbook plus iPad in between.

Me, I use Windows 8 with a touch-screen pc (Sony Viao) and a Windows Nokia phone. Its an integrated package that works for my business (GIS, CAD, and MS Office mainly). These days Windows 8 works well on the latest generation of notebooks and phones and is far, far cheaper than the Apple offerings.
There is something about life and dress rehearsal that I need to remember ...
bowber

Post by bowber »

I've worked with and on computers for years and without fail I've hated macs as overpriced pieces of designer crap. Bit like a BMW really. The most I've paid recently for a PC could have bought the mouse for a mac and since windows 2000 I've never had a pc crash unless it's been something stupid like my mother in law loading every program possible that runs in memory, fills up the hard drive with videos snd then complains about it running slowly!
Yes a mac will "just work" but so have all my PCs' and been a fraction of the price.
So if you want to spend a minimum of 1k on a computer then get a mac but if it's just a tool to get the job done then get a PC look after it properly.
And yes windows 8 start is crap but use a program like start 8 and you get the old interface back.

Steve
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I'm not an expert but video editing and stuff like that is probably better on a mac.

My Sony viao pc laptop is not aging well. I think macs last longer. If I was investing I would go mac for laptop and phone.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”