Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Travelling Sam

Re: Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK Overlanding event 19th to 22nd of June

Post by Travelling Sam »

I've just had an email from Iain who organises all the presentation side of things. He needs help. He says:

'A member of the volunteer Presentation Crew has had to drop out at the last minute for family reasons, so I'm looking for someone - or ideally a couple of people - to take his place.

The Presentation Crew volunteers make sure all the presentations run smoothly and on time, taking care of the laptops and gadgets so the presenters can just concentrate on presenting. It's a vital role and guarantees a front-row seat

If you've already registered to attend, but haven't volunteered for any crews, and if you have decent PC skills and fancy lending a hand, I'd really appreciate your help.

Here's the link to volunteer....

Thanks, Iain'
scouse

Post by scouse »

koala wrote:Unfortunately due to work we won't be there til Friday.

Sam, Linda & myself have volunteered this year but can't remember what for ( it's an age thing) , I assume we'll find out when we get there. If anyone needs to know more about local amenities we should be able to help as we live in Castle Donington
Radio Mary Saturday night, thumbs up from us (thumbs)
Okay you now take the closest to the event award from us :) Be good to catch up :)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

Long range weather forecast is looking good :)
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
coolbananas

Post by coolbananas »

All packed and ready to go :woohoo: Leaving Doncaster Thursday morning ... anyone wanting to ride along just add to my post.
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

coolbananas wrote:All packed and ready to go :woohoo: Leaving Doncaster Thursday morning ... anyone wanting to ride along just add to my post.
Wow - I thought I was keen!

Despite counting down sleeps I'm not packed, not ready to go and leaving Doncaster Tuesday morning with Mr Toad to help with the set up (thumbs)

Looking forward to seeing you there - if you have an hour to spare when you're there then let Sam know as some of his volunteers have had to drop out :(
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Lizzie wrote:
coolbananas wrote:All packed and ready to go :woohoo: Leaving Doncaster Thursday morning ... anyone wanting to ride along just add to my post.

Despite counting down sleeps I'm not packed, not ready to go and leaving Doncaster Tuesday morning with Mr Toad to help with the set up (thumbs)

Looking forward to seeing you there - if you have an hour to spare when you're there then let Sam know as some of his volunteers have had to drop out :(

I´m aiming to get there around Wed lunch - but not sure if that will be a british or Spanish lunchtime?? :-)

If more hands are needed to be on deck, point mine in the right direction.

P
Paul

Post by Paul »

Maria and myself will be riding down from Cumbria on Thursday with a few friends and we are truly looking forward to seeing you all again.
Not really looking forward to the presenting but hey ho I am sure a bit of alcohol will cure the nerves.
After all it was alcohol that sealed my fate in the first place....

See you all soon,
Paul & maria xx
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Barcelona Pat wrote:
Lizzie wrote:

I´m aiming to get there around Wed lunch - but not sure if that will be a british or Spanish lunchtime?? :-)

If more hands are needed to be on deck, point mine in the right direction.

P
Thanks for that Pat, that would be great. If you only have 1 hour spare that would be a big help :)

Just ask for Sam or us (Steve and Jane - Lizzie is the bike!) when you arrive.

Hope you have a good journey, the weather should be good so fingers crossed B)
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Paul wrote:Maria and myself will be riding down from Cumbria on Thursday with a few friends and we are truly looking forward to seeing you all again.
Not really looking forward to the presenting but hey ho I am sure a bit of alcohol will cure the nerves.
After all it was alcohol that sealed my fate in the first place....

See you all soon,
Paul & maria xx
Really looking forward to seeing you both again, and hearing your presentation :)

Hope you have a good journey down x
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

I'm feeling rather like a big kid this morning! Almost there! :silly: Really looking forward to seeing you guys!!! :) :) :) Paul your presentation is going to be spot on!!! You have the best audience in the world to be giving it to - fans of overlanding! You'll be great. Now then... wonder if I can escape to see it... (thumbs)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”