ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

Gedge

Re: ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

Post by Gedge »

Towbar fitted today , bike trailer loan sorted, bike next to be cleaned and lubed then almost ready for the trip.. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting ripped for having a roof a proper bed and heating... Just so long as it doesn't snow and I don't have to drive on wet grass ( no traction in van on anything slippy) then I should be sorted....
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

Hi Mark and the boy's
Looks as I'm going to have to back out of this one unfortunately, a overlooked (on my behalf) family event requires my attendance.
I know you will all have a great time hope to see you all in the near future.

Regards Tez
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
Capt. Sensible

Post by Capt. Sensible »

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the ABR world. I would like to come and meet a few like-minded people: 1 person, 1 bike, 1 tent please.

CS
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

gsdman wrote:Hi Mark and the boy's
Looks as I'm going to have to back out of this one unfortunately, a overlooked (on my behalf) family event requires my attendance.
I know you will all have a great time hope to see you all in the near future.

Regards Tez
Hi Tez,

Not to worry, thanks for letting me know.

Hope to see you soon,

All the best
Mark
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Capt. Sensible wrote:Hello,

I'm a newbie to the ABR world. I would like to come and meet a few like-minded people: 1 person, 1 bike, 1 tent please.

CS
Hello Cap't!
You'll be made very welcome, as everyone is that shows up.
Cheers
Mark
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Gedge wrote:Towbar fitted today , bike trailer loan sorted, bike next to be cleaned and lubed then almost ready for the trip.. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting ripped for having a roof a proper bed and heating... Just so long as it doesn't snow and I don't have to drive on wet grass ( no traction in van on anything slippy) then I should be sorted....
I will be the last to have a dig... turning up with in LWB sprinter with a beemer in the back ... however I have just fitted new tyres so hopefully wont be too much slip sliding around (unlike when I took it to the Boil and dug up Paul's green grass until someone showed me how to stop the wheels from spinning ! )
BMW R1200GS - BMW 650GS
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

SteveB wrote:
Gedge wrote:Towbar fitted today , bike trailer loan sorted, bike next to be cleaned and lubed then almost ready for the trip.. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting ripped for having a roof a proper bed and heating... Just so long as it doesn't snow and I don't have to drive on wet grass ( no traction in van on anything slippy) then I should be sorted....
I will be the last to have a dig... turning up with in LWB sprinter with a beemer in the back ... however I have just fitted new tyres so hopefully wont be too much slip sliding around (unlike when I took it to the Boil and dug up Paul's green grass until someone showed me how to stop the wheels from spinning ! )
There is no grass on site to ride on but some of the lanes that'll form the road ride on Saturday may be interesting on new, unscrubbed tyres! The ford was a bit slippery the other day :woohoo:
devon john

Post by devon john »

what time can we arrive , i might be early!!! or late!!as a new bulleteer rider :laugh:(Royal Enfield 500 Bullet)
i haven't rode the bike yet but am hoping to get out sometime today .
panniers are fitted etc so good to go.

john
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

devon john wrote:what time can we arrive , i might be early!!! or late!!as a new bulleteer rider :laugh:(Royal Enfield 500 Bullet)
i haven't rode the bike yet but am hoping to get out sometime today .
panniers are fitted etc so good to go.

john
We can arrive at anytime on the Friday, just go to the hotel reception, register and they'll give you the code for the gate.

See you there!

Good luck with the ride, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Mornin' Mark,

Looks like I've got the Saturday off so I plan to be coming over hopefully late afternoon Friday.

Getting a new tent this week so would prefer first pitch to be in daylight but very much depends on what time I finish work on Friday.

Enjoyed the Exmoor Rally and looking forward to this one. Thanks for all your time and effort organising this weekend.

Paul :)

Return to “ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014”