Elan Valley

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
dave weller

Re: Elan Valley

Post by dave weller »

The Bikers Retreat is a good place to stay in Wales, Nigel does organised rides and knows the area well. I'm staying there on the 15-16th May.
http://www.bikers-retreat.com/
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

This could well fit in with the proposed March camping weekend elsewhere on this Forum.

Also if the demand was there , could also organise a Strata Florida run
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll »

Mmmmm.... could be able to make some if not all of this ride... will post on Thursday to confirm.
F800GS 2010 black/orange
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

The ride is off for now due to adverse weather
Dr.Jekyll

Post by Dr.Jekyll »

PaulinBont wrote:The ride is off for now due to adverse weather
The forecast of monsoon rain and Met-Office amber warning for blizzards put you off then.... ;)

I must say the forcast is grim and the lashing rain outside makes me glad its off.

Thinking of doing the ride again sometime?

Dr.J
F800GS 2010 black/orange
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I'm so glad I got my ride out today :)
140 miles out in the chilly sunshine.

Happy days

Ade
Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

I thought it would be canceled , the winter's coming back tomorrow ...and for the next few days .
Suzuki DL650 (Wee) with many nice mods ..

Yamaha XT660Z Tenere also modded ..

http://www.v-strom.co.uk/phpBB3/

http://www.adventurebikers.net/forum/index.php
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

PaulinBont wrote:Mind you, the Black Mountain is pretty special, so is the Gospel Pass, the Devil's Staircase Abergwesyn Pass and the ...oh, I could go on and on :)
The Devils staircase, is that the one that goes away from LLyn Brianne and into a low valley with in need of repair bridges?
Did the Elan Valley , across the mountain road to Devil Bridge last August in a raging storm :laugh: Think I saw about a dozen cars all who looked at me as if I was mad :laugh:
Need to go back this year and ride to the mach Loop B)
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

That's the road! A couple of hairy, off-camber hairpins to start with , then it calms down to merely a sequence of 1:3 inclines!

If you took this road you will have seen a very lonely phonebox in the most isolated location imaginable, next to a bridge and a small waterfall; (the small pool below the waterfall makes a lovely impromptu wild swim/outdoor Jacuzzi :)

The Welsh Gold Centre café in Tregaron at the end of this mountain road does the most amazing cakes (the Welshcakes are to die for, as is the cawl)
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Dr.Jekyll wrote:
PaulinBont wrote:The ride is off for now due to adverse weather
The forecast of monsoon rain and Met-Office amber warning for blizzards put you off then.... ;)

I must say the forcast is grim and the lashing rain outside makes me glad its off.

Thinking of doing the ride again sometime?

Dr.J

Yes, I'm going to re-schedule the ride so if you people can start posting some potential dates for April we can re-arrange....there is also the weekend of the Taffy Dakar when this route will be one the Sunday rideouts :)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”