Read it and cheer

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Richard Simpson

Read it and cheer

Post by Richard Simpson »

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/news/cur ... urt-ruling

Be assured...these legal cases don't come cheap.

Please join or renew your sub to the TRF..if you don't do it, no one else will do it for you and if the TRF don't do this then no one else will do it for you.

I'm not sure whether it is OK to ride Chapel Gate as of this moment or if there is some legal formality to complete.

www.trf.org.uk

But if and when you do ride it, please show respect for the road, its surroundings and the people and animals you may meet on the way.
jimmyshin

Re: Read it and cheer

Post by jimmyshin »

Good stuff, but it seems like it was overturned on a technicality rather than any of the arguments which could be used for other situations.

Don't get me wrong, it's great news but the wording coming from the council seems to be that this is a bad thing, which can only be reflective of the attitude towards 'us'
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

It will have been an expensive day for PDNPA...and therefore a shot across their bows for some of the other stuff they have planned for us.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

jimmyshin wrote:Good stuff, but it seems like it was overturned on a technicality rather than any of the arguments which could be used for other situations.

Don't get me wrong, it's great news but the wording coming from the council seems to be that this is a bad thing, which can only be reflective of the attitude towards 'us'
This may be true, however it is published on the PDNPA site, so bias is going to be shown in the article as they are not a neutral body - although they should be.

We must celebrate every win however small B)
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
jimmyshin

Post by jimmyshin »

Fried Egg Sandwich wrote: We must celebrate every win however small B)
Definitely and I'm quite happy to celebrate it with you.

Trouble with the PDNPA 'site' though is that it's under a .gov.uk name which gives it a certain degree of legitimacy.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Saw this on the news earlier

Well done to all those who campaigned
wayne roome

PEAKS! Chapel gate trail closure overturned high court

Post by wayne roome »

http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/off-road-endu ... court.html

http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/news/cur ... urt-ruling

See links,
I am a sleeping member of the TRF (too cliche for me and never been to a meeting after phoning two different groups and clearly didnt want me in theor riding goup, but respect for the national group!) so glad my £40 each year has been well spent. Hope also they get court costs back :-)

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”