Long distance trials

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
daytona-supersport

Re: Long distance trials

Post by daytona-supersport »

Did the Edinborough trial years ago on a trials BSA B25. Worked all day, bit to eat then rode from High Wycombe to midlands somewhere to scrut and start. Found Hollins Clough in the very early morning, Thought I'd hit a rock slide. finally finished at Buxton about tea time. Ride home. Abs knackered. Brilliant ride. Got a certificate to say how daft we all were. Excellent event and fondly rememberd. Especially I would think by the guy with the stuck throttle on a Triunph Adventurer. Great fun. Also the bloke that ran into a shrub covered rounabout. As we all took the third exit he came wazzing out of the bushes and carried on. Don't mention raod works, never seen so many bikes break so many laws, all within 30 sec. Old bill were good, stopped the traffic on one dodgy peak district downhill bend just after a time check. Hammered down the hill and literally launched off the road onto the track, looking down at the copper as I went by.
Go for it, it's not about winning at all. Just fun. :laugh:
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I did the lands end LDT some years ago on a Dr750 and marshaled some as well .it's a great laugh Google themotorcyclingclub.co.uk all types of bikes take part gs's caponords ccms etc.just have a look can't hurt.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

palace15 wrote:PM me if you have input we could all benefit from to progress LTD's to more entrants, that would be useful

PM sent
Dave
Thanks.

Good to get feedback from an event....

All the best.

Stevie.
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

Here is a list of LDT http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/ mainly 250 to 400 cc
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

When you say mainly 250-400cc. Is that a limit or is any CC allowed with people being too 'sensible'?

;)

I really am quite interested to see how far the big boxer would go. What's the worst that could happen? Realistically....

My only slight whinge is why there aren't any local clubs? What's wrong with the Chilterns....nothing apparently....they have the Falcon and Bedford clubs both running cars!!?

Thanks everyone for input!
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

http://www.braintree-mcc.co.uk/StistedLDTRegs2012.pdf

I think I may have a go at this one...Any thoughts?
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

ROCKOZ wrote:http://www.braintree-mcc.co.uk/StistedLDTRegs2012.pdf

I think I may have a go at this one...Any thoughts?
Have a look at the past entrants and results if you can....

And phone the Secretary of the meeting...

Looks a rather strange Mix and Class Structure...

:)
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

ROCKOZ wrote:When you say mainly 250-400cc. Is that a limit or is any CC allowed with people being too 'sensible'?

;)

I really am quite interested to see how far the big boxer would go. What's the worst that could happen? Realistically....

My only slight whinge is why there aren't any local clubs? What's wrong with the Chilterns....nothing apparently....they have the Falcon and Bedford clubs both running cars!!?

Thanks everyone for input!
Yep that is the Directory that Brian Sussex and Myself put together for the last five years or so.

Brian seems to have stopped and someone else taken over... (Thumbs up).

Its really a question of the damage you may sustain and if you can pick the bike up yourself...

Being stuck down a 1/4 mile long 1 in 4 track on yer own in a foot of mud as last Bike is not a good thing...

As I said in my e-mail Green Lanes are not Trials. The Exmoor is probably OK. As are the Hardy and Tamar.

You would just not get yer bike down or up 40% of the sections on the Tarka.

:) :)

All the best.

Stevie.
herman

Post by herman »

As has been said do research the type of event. The Witley 100 was ok but a mate struggled on an exc200 on one of the Devon events earlier in the year. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”