Sitting on your bike while getting petrol

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
chrisuk

Re: Sitting on your bike while getting petrol

Post by chrisuk »

I can confirm that women wearing burkas are driving in Bradford, West Yorkshire. The other day, while commuting on a bike to work in said town, one was driving towards me in her car on the wrong side of the road, causing me to swerve to avoid being an ornament on her bonnet. Her passenger was also wearing said atire and there were 2 kids in the back (presume it was the school run).

I tend not to get annoyed any more about the standard of driving in Bratford as I have observed the same lack of skill behind the wheel by car drivers in USA, Latin America, Africa and the Indian Sub-continent.

Back to the topic as posted by the OP: I get on or off the bike to fill up depending on my mood, the phase of the moon or if I've parked close enough/too far away to reach the nozzle without getting off.

Going for a ride now boys (home through Bradford...). Some of you should get out on your bikes more.

Chris
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

I use Asda, self serve pre pay by card. Sit on the bike , means i only have to take my left hand glove to use the card . Don`t understand why folk get up tight with this, work smart not hard.
Buy a GSA huge tank B) and the day is a good un.
Keep smiling, Stu
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I always find its best to go through life constantly looking for things to be offended or outraged by.
In Sainsburys the other day, they had the audacity to check my 20 pound note with one of those pen things.... i bet they wouldn't do that with a Muslim.
I stayed in a bad mood all day about that, just out of principle.
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

Zookman wrote:I always find its best to go through life constantly looking for things to be offended or outraged by.
In Sainsburys the other day, they had the audacity to check my 20 pound note with one of those pen things.... i bet they wouldn't do that with a Muslim.
I stayed in a bad mood all day about that, just out of principle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Class, like your style
special one

Post by special one »

Ok ok, I'll humour the troll, but it's relevant before any mods get itchy trigger fingers ;)

Firstly, I'm no racist, living in brum you come in to contact with Asian and every other race known to man so it would make it uncomfortable if I held them views, especially being self employed as I work for some.

Secondly, you have no clue how I meant my original post, you assumed an awful lot from my simple statement, I mentioned Muslim women tbh as it had been used before in another forum where someone had said to the attendant at the garage when told to remove their helmet " would you ask a Muslim women to remove their burka?" to which they replied no as it's a religious head dress ( which it's not by the way, it's a choice, like fashion, I was told this by a muslim woman), so I used this same scenario in my post.

I feel racially discriminated against at times tbh as the Dudley do rights seem to bend over backwards not to offend ethnic minorities but couldn't give a rats ass if they offend White british male bikers like myself.
There is other stuff too but this is not the time or place.

I suggest reading my post again cos you won't see any ignorance / hate / racism etc in there, just making a point, you are looking for stuff that frankly isn't there.

Ignorant? seems to me the only ignorant one in this thread is yourself, muslim women don't drive? Don't make me laugh, as someone said, I see female Muslim driving instructors regular let alone normal drivers.
I couldn't care less if they drive or not, my point was if I'm asked to remove my lid, then anyone else covering their head or face should also be asked to remove it, whatever their religion or colour, it's that simple.

So, go back under your bridge, get your facts straight, stop looking for stuff that ain't there.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
McTee

Post by McTee »

Always do, I feel more in control, and as others have said I can 'brim it', This isn't bullshit either!! I've never been pulled up about it, and if/when I am, simple, go elsewhere, I won't be dictated to any more, we've had enough foisted on us already! I use a flip front helmet, and never take it off, and have not been asked to.......yet!
Kraut

Post by Kraut »

The (not given it much) thought police really do shine when left out in the sun for a few hours.
And people wonder why staff get abuse from customers. Makes one feel quite intellectual when surrounded by tw*%s like that.
Make an effort
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

hi there,
i always sit on the bike and have never taken my lid off, with the bike upright you can squeeze in as much gogo juice as poss. ive never been asked to take my lid off and if they did then id go somewhere else.due to my religious belief's it would be wrong to do so and what are my religious beliefs i here you ask???biker simple as... i have been riding bikes since about 8years old if other people are predujiced about it sod'em thats their problem not mine
cheers j :woohoo:
davsato

Post by davsato »

i read somewhere that the remake of 'dambusters' is on hold because they cant agree on whether or not to include guy gibsons dog 'nigger'. Apparently american producers are bum puckeringly scared of upsetting anyone who might sue. They are fine about writing out British & Canadian contribution to D-Day in 'the longest day', but a true war heroes black labrador is going to start WW3.

Life is too short for this shit, we are discriminated against by life, have a laugh and get over youselves please
Dave
Soul Dave

Post by Soul Dave »

At the end of the day on/off your bike, helmet on /off, fuel up and get out there and ride them thats what its all about at the end of it.

Return to “THE PUB”