Excellent customer service

Does my ass look big in these?
chipy

Excellent customer service

Post by chipy »

In May 2022 I took the decision to buy a new jacket Now it was a huge leap to go from my trusty wax cotton Belstaff to this new fangled goretex stuff. Bearing in mind that I usually do 20000 to 25000 miles a year in all weathers I decided to get something of good quality.

So after looking around at all the options I go with a premium brand, and I purchase a Klim goretex jacket from the sports bike shop. Initially I was very impressed. Then on a trip back from Scotland last year for most of the way back it rained, not heavy rain but 5 – 6 of that light rain that seem to get you very wet. When I got home, I felt damp. I put the jacket away and didn’t really think about it again.

At the beginning of April I was doing the South West Peninsula Spring Rally most of the day was fine then late afternoon it rained for about 45 minutes and by rain I mean proper rain of biblical proportions, again I started to feel damp so much so that when I got the check point at Lands End I decided I needed to change the layers under my jacket which by now were quite wet.

On return home I fount out the original receipt , tags etc that came with the jacket and as I thought it had a guarantee. KLIM GORE-TEX® products are GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® for the **practical lifetime of the product. So, I rang the customer service number for the sports bike shop and explained the situation. I was advised to put a claim in direct to goretex and given a link to website for goretex claims dept. After a couple of days of emails going backward and forward in which they wanted pictures of the jacket to show the condition and full detail of the problems etc I was asked to send the jacket to their service / repair centre in Lancashire where they would carry out a full test and if necessary, carry out any repairs or replace the jacket.

2 days ago, I receive an email just saying a replacement jacket is on its way with a ups tracking number, I do a search on the tracking and it shows the parcel is in Holland which was a surprise. Email back to goretex to find out exactly what they the situation was and get message straight back saying under testing the jacket was fount to be faulty, it was not repairable was and new replacement had been acquired.

This morning the new jacket arrived.

I am well impressed…
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Excellent customer service

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

while other comparable fabrics are now available. Goretex warranty is still the best.
They will honour it even if the company that made the garment has gone bust!
scutty

Re: Excellent customer service

Post by scutty »

I have also had this service direct from Klim Europe, they have always been very fast and helpful.

One added point, I have sent ripped Klim kit to the Lancashire Gore-Tex place and had certified repairs done so the warranty is still honoured.

Return to “CLOTHING”