Want to be part of the world’s biggest adventure motorcycling media brand? Adventure Bike Rider is looking for a driven and passionate individual to help expand our industry leading brand’s online presence through our websites and social media accounts. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the motorcycle industry within a small but highly committed team at a forward-thinking media company.
As a staff writer at Adventure Bike Rider you will be responsible for creating and sourcing content for the Adventure Bike Rider website (including written word and video), running our social media accounts and also assisting in the production of the printed magazine.
The successful candidate will have experience in publishing and a passion for media communications and journalism, as well as social media management and trends. And, of course, adventure motorcycling!
The position will be full-time office-based, and office is located in Stratford upon Avon.
• Manages Adventure Bike Rider social media accounts
• Responsible for creating, sourcing and uploading stories and features to the website via a content management system
• Creating and uploading unique video content to the Adventure Bike Rider YouTube and Social Media channels
• Assisting with the proof reading of features
• Liaising with authors, marketing staff and designers
• Fact checking to ensure all details published are factual and correct
• Ad hoc editorial assignments
• Meeting editorial targets
Key skills required for the role of staff writer at Adventure Publishing:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have previous experiencing in publishing
• Must have video editing skills
• Must have video presentation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines at all costs
• A team player but also someone who is self-motivated, and has excellent time management
• Must be commercially minded and driven
• Must have the desire to constantly improve and develop innovative ideas
• Must have an understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Must be computer literate
• Proofreading skills
• Attention to detail
• Organisational skills
Career development opportunities will depend on proving your abilities and developing a reputation for consistent, high quality work.
Adventure Bike Rider is based in Stratford upon Avon, so you will ideally be located in the area or be willing to relocate.
A full UK category A motorcycle licence is also required, and you will be provided with a company bike.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com