Issue 22 (May/June) of Adventure Bike Rider magazine is out now and you can get your hands on it through the ABR online store, from selected newsagents around the UK, on your phone or tablet through the Adventure Bike Rider app or take out a subscription to the ABR digital library and get access to the latest issue, plus every back issue!
In this feature packed issue we’ve got stories from around the world that will amaze you, excite you and most importantly inspire you to plan your next big trip! From taking on the tackling the Sani Pass in Lesotho to exploring the ruins of the United States on a KLR there’s plenty in this issue to whet your appetite for adventure. And if you’re looking to buy some new kit, this issue is jam packed with reviews from our expert gear testers who have put leather trousers, touring tents, panniers and the latest camping gear to the test.
In issue 20:
- Hear from Lisa and Simon Thomas, a couple who have been travelling the world by bike for the last eleven years (Lisa graces this issue’s front cover).
- Two rogues take us over the Sani Pass on a pair of HP2s, going where Charley couldn’t.
- Dave Dunn takes us on a thought provoking tour of the derelict ruins of United States on his trusty KLR650
- Andrew Lubran explains how to photograph people without making them mad
- Mike Thomsen explores Columbia
Plus: James Owens tours his home county of Lancashire, ABR green lane expert Mike Beddows heads to Wales to try out some awesome trails, we round up the sights from the latest Adventure Day at the Ace Café and ABR reader Jim Cairnduff takes us on a journey along the Fosse in Reader’s Rides.
But that’s not it!
In this bumper issue we’ve been out testing the top adventure bikes and in issue 22 you’ll find:
- An in-depth look at Yamaha’s updated Tenere 1200
- We put the KTM 1190 Adv R to the test against the new BMW GSA 1200, which one’s best?
- Alun takes Suzuki’s new V-Strom 1000 greenlaning
- We take a look at SBW’s big blue GS sidecar
- Which is best? KTM 1190 Adv R, BMW GSA, V-Strom 1000 or the new Tenere? Find out which of the newest adventure bikes comes out on top.
Our gear experts have been using and abusing the latest kit in the world of motorcycling and in this issue we’ve reviewed:
- Leather pants
- The latest motorcycle travel books
- The latest motorcycle clothing, gadgets and accessories in Hot Stuff!
- Touring tents
- The latest camping gear in our Camping Corner
If you want to get your hands on issue 22 of Adventure Bike Rider then there are a number of ways for you to do so! The mag is available in newsagents around the UK, but if you’d rather order it right here, right now, you can buy it from the ABR store by visiting this link. There’s also the ABR digital library where a yearly subscription of £20 will give you instant access to the latest issues as well as a complete library of back issues, all the way to issue 1!
Alternatively, and excitingly, you can now download the Adventure Bike Rider app on your smartphone or tablet and view the mag on the go! The app is available on Apple and Android devices and to download click here for Apple or here for Android. Alternatively, search Adventure Bike Rider in your device’s app store.