Issue 20 (January/February) of Adventure Bike Rider magazine is out now and you can get your hands on it through the ABR online store, from selected newsagents around the UK, on your phone or tablet through the Adventure Bike Rider app or take out a subscription to the ABR digital library and get access to the latest issue, plus every back issue!
In this feature packed issue we’ve got stories from around the world that will amaze you, excite you and most importantly inspire you to plan that big trip for 2014! From taking on the Karakoram Highway on a Suzuki DRZ400 to cruising along Route 66 on a Harley there’s plenty in this issue to whet your appetite for adventure. And if you’re looking to buy some new kit, our expert gear testers have put textile trousers to the test.
In issue 20:
- Chris Handy takes us on an emotional ride along Route 66 on a Harley
- Fern Hume tackles Pakistan’s stunning Karakoram Highway, solo, on a DRZ400
- What was it like to ride through Syria? Daniel Ritz tells us.
- German riding couple Katje and Jens Witte show us how accessible Central America is as they ride through on their BMW F800GSs
- Seb and Kim Leeson take us on a meandering journey through Central Asia, all the way to the door of the famous Pamir Highway
Plus: James Owens heads to Scotland to attend an ABR rally, ABR green lane expert Mike Beddows heads to West Yorkshire to ride the glorious Busk trail, Steve Ingham takes off the shackles and joins his mates on an eight day ride to Lake Garda and Paul Holroyd tells us how he got on taking his Varadero past the Arctic Circle in Norway.
But that’s not it! We’ve been testing the latest adventure bikes and issue 20 contains road tests of:
- Suzuki’s brand new V-Strom 1000; we take an in depth look at the manufacturer’s big adventure bike
- But don’t forget the old one! Colin Brodie gives the low down on the original version of the V-Strom 1000
- Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
Our gear experts have been using and abusing the latest kit in the world of motorcycling and in this issue we’ve reviewed:
- Textile trousers
- The latest motorcycle travel books
- The latest clothing, gadgets and accessories in Hot Stuff!
If you want to get your hands on issue 20 of Adventure Bike Rider then there are a number of ways for you to do so! The mag is available in newsagents around the UK, but if you’d rather order it right here, right now, you can buy it from the ABR store by visiting this link. There’s also the ABR digital library where a yearly subscription of £20 will give you instant access to the latest issues as well as a complete library of back issues, all the way to issue 1!
Alternatively, and excitingly, you can now download the Adventure Bike Rider app on your smartphone or tablet and view the mag on the go! The app is available on Apple and Android devices and to download click here for Apple or here for Android. Alternatively, search Adventure Bike Rider in your device’s app store.