ABR Dambusters run 2012

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
snaphappy

ABR Dambusters run 2012

Post by snaphappy »

Similar to last year and again over the Spring Bank Holiday first weekend in June

cut and paste from the last start

I'm hosting a dambusters tour in June during the spring bank holiday weekend, Friday the 1st June till Spring Bank Holiday Monday.
A short run down of whats planned so far.
Camping at the below linked sites, then the Saturday start to tour, for those that dont want to explore on their own I'll lead a group around the Dams that were hit during Op CHASTISE and repeat what I've read on Wiki about the raid

Friday and Sunday night here

www.ig-bever.de/deutsch/zelten.html
Last time we had a price of €7 per night and hopefully we'll get that again I can check when they open again late March. on the website there are two address the satnav address is
Käfernberg 25
Hückeswagen

For the Saturday night, this campsite
They hold a HOG meet every year, are very bike friendly, restaurant and bar on site. With enough people they will open the grill hut and bar, its a five star campsite with all amenities. I've stayed there and can vouch for the cleanliness and area
Camping & Ferienpark Teichmann, Edersee, Waldeck - Herzhausen
http://www.ferienpark-camping.de/index/ ... nzeltplatz
€5,90 per person
€2,60 per bike
€4,40 per tent

There are over 30 dams in the county and nearly 80 in the area spreading east to the Eder
These are bike friendly roads with tons of bikers cafes dotted along the shores of many of them, the rough route from the first camp site to the Eder campsite cuts through the North Germany skiing resort, not the alps but very hilly and lots of great roads.
We could make a mini photo rally, the one who snaps the most dams during daylight hours wins a prize.
Alun ran an article in issue 6 so I'm sure the next one will have a fair few schnitzles and beers

I'll add a list of those coming or showing a strong interest so pass the word round, with meets it's always the more the merrier last year I think everyone enjoyed themselves it should be another great weekend
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

nevsey

Re: Dambusters run 2012

Post by nevsey »

snaphappy wrote:Similar to last year and again over the Spring Bank Holiday

I'm hosting a dambusters tour in June during the spring bank holiday weekend, Friday the 1st June till Spring Bank Holiday Monday.
A short run down of whats planned so far.
Camping at the below linked sites, then the Saturday start to tour, for those that dont want to explore on their own I'll lead a group around the Dams that were hit during Op CHASTISE and repeat what I've read on Wiki about the raid

Friday and Sunday night here

www.ig-bever.de/deutsch/zelten.html
Last time we had a price of €7 per night and hopefully we'll get that again I can check when they open again late March

For the Saturday night, this campsite
They hold a HOG meet every year, are very bike friendly, restaurant and bar on site. With enough people they will open the grill hut and bar, its a five star campsite with all amenities. I've stayed there and can vouch for the cleanliness and area
Camping & Ferienpark Teichmann, Edersee, Waldeck - Herzhausen
www.camping-teichmann.de/index/club_vie ... club_intro
€5,90 per person
€2,60 per bike
€4,40 per tent

There are over 30 dams in the county and nearly 80 in the area spreading east to the Eder
These are bike friendly roads with tons of bikers cafes dotted along the shores of many of them, the rough route from the first camp site to the Eder campsite cuts through the North Germany skiing resort, not the alps but very hilly and lots of great roads.
We could make a mini photo rally, the one who snaps the most dams during daylight hours wins a prize.
Alun ran an article in issue 6 so I'm sure the next one will have a fair few schnitzles and beers

I'll add a list of those coming or showing a strong interest so pass the word round, with meets it's always the more the merrier last year I think everyone enjoyed themselves it should be another great weekend
Hi Nick

Both very good sites. Is it kipping in the car park again :)

Excellent roads to ride and plenty of sights to see, some of those dams are awesome.

Haven't touched a schnitzel for a year :laugh: but have had a few beers, hoping I can make it, not sure yet need to sort out my weekends.

Can certainly recomend this as a great weekend away.

Cheers
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

That car park has our name on it

GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

snaphappy wrote:That car park has our name on it
If you do one European trip this year then this is certainly one to consider I rode over with 691 last year and we had a great weekend if I can make it Nick I will be there again this year
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Nick

Me and Mark (Bushman) are going to the Horizons German meet on 7th June so we might be able to tag along with you guys for the Dam tour if you don't mind. We meant to do the dams about 10 years ago but our plans changed and we bypassed them so it would be good to go back and complete the task.

Martin
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Yep sounds good to me , shall look forward to a little bimble around and just maybe a beer !!
Alun

Post by Alun »

If anyone is thinking 'shall I go on this'? then think no more and go. I went last year and had a fantastic time. Nick is a great host and knows his stuff.

Nick, it would be good if you could post this up under the 'Events Calender' menu

If possible I'll be there, just trying to move a few things around in the diary right now.
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

And there was me thinking I had got right here, can you move it for me Alun / mods.

GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

snaphappy wrote:And there was me thinking I had got right here, can you move it for me Alun / mods.
Done it for you Nick ;)

Likely looking bunch :laugh:

DSC00501.JPG
DSC00501.JPG (52.72 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

Snaphappy your second link is not working for me.

http://www.camping-teichmann.de/index/c ... club_intro :ohmy:

Also on the first link it is giving two locations for camp sites which is it ??

1 Käfernberg 6 - 42499 Hückeswagen

2 Großberghausen 18 - 42499 Hückeswagen

Nothing like planning early lol My son works just up the road from there well 100k so be able to pop in for a cuppa

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”