How Much Kit is Too Much????

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Warthog

Re:How Much Kit is Too Much????

Post by Warthog »

africajim wrote:
if you've not heard of final drive problems you've never tried google.
A friend of mine was on his fourth before he sold the bike. It's a known issue with 1200's
If it clarifies, I understood the question to be about weight overloading being the cause of FD failures, rather than simply the incidence of FD issues as a whole...

As for the packing, I didn't watch the whole video, but it did seem like a lot!! We had less for two people, although not by much! However, we did whittle things down a bit on the trip. He did have loads of camera equipment, as did I: I was happy I had my SLR, but I'm not sure I'd take it with me next time. However, this guy is a photographer, so perhaps he can get away with that one! Clothes-wise we had less, despite being set to encounter the very hot as well as the fairly chilly, sometimes mingled with the soaking wet...
Mark Manley

Post by Mark Manley »

Firstly I am impressed with how this chap managed to get all that kit neatly packed on his bike. But I am sure that when he has to try to pick his bike up in the sand, carry all that luggage up several flights of stairs to a hotel room or wondering whether it will all still be there when he has to leave the bike parked up somewhere, he might conclude that this much kit is too much.
A wise man is one who doesn't make the same mistake once.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Claudio, the real star of "that trip"!

My girlfriend is a master of packing just like that guy, our first "date" was on my bike for four days in France, I gave her a Frank Thomas kit bag and said if you can fit four days worth in there and borrow some decent bike gear I`ll take you to France for a short break! Wow the clothes she wore on a night with no Iron! How??

Our longest trip has been 3 weeks and I think it looked pretty similar to the video when laid out!

On the other hand when I travel on my own I struggle to fill the panniers so can just put my soft panniers on.

The more times we travel the less we seem to take now apart from this year when we took 2 bikes to Italy & then I think we could of done with a wadrobe/dressing room tent!
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
dusi

Post by dusi »

never mind the Swiss army knife, you need a Swiss army wife!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”