Replies to threads.

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
herman

Replies to threads.

Post by herman »

Tis a minor thing and but a niggle...but....when there are several replies to a thread and I get the little green '6 new replies' thing I often go to the last thread page to then find only 2 new replies and then have to go back to the previous page to find the other 4,then back to the last page to finish reading the thread. Is there any way of highlighting the page number of where the new posts start? If not then no matter, I'll just continue huffing at the shear inconvenience of having to moove the mouse some more. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Alun

Re:Replies to threads.

Post by Alun »

Herman, I fear I may not be able to satisfy your demand without a copmplete re-write of the forum code. However, I could send you an ABR stickered up go-faster mouse mat if that would help. :)
davsato

Post by davsato »

just click on the little green "6new posts" and it takes you to the first new post, which might not necessarily be on the last page
Dave
herman

Post by herman »

davsato wrote:
just click on the little green "6new posts" and it takes you to the first new post, which might not necessarily be on the last page
May joy and contentment fill your days. Ta muchly,I'll have to find something else to winge about now. :)
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

herman wrote:
davsato wrote:
May joy and contentment fill your days. Ta muchly,...
NOOOOOOOOO!

You should have feigned malcontent a little longer!! There was an ABR mouse-mat (B)) on the cards!!!
herman

Post by herman »

Story of my life,ho hum. Image
davsato

Post by davsato »

i sorted it out, wheres my bloody mouse mat?:angry:
not much use on a laptop anyway.:P
Dave
davsato

Post by davsato »

bump this thread;

while we are on the subject of replies to threads, something that annoys me is when folks post pics, (which is great, lets see more pics i say) and other subsequent replyers "quote" the post but leave all the pics in the quote, sometimes loads of replies with the same pics over and over again.
its dead easy to delete the pics and edit out irrelevent text, i dont know how the t'intaweb magic works, if it fills up the website server with duplicate pics or whatever but i do know its a PITA to scroll through reams of stuff on my laptop, these new fangled smartphones are even worse. not so bad on this website but some are terrible, like 8 pics or so and then someone replies and you get the same 8 pics with maybe a "nice pics" at the bottom, and then another 2 feet of scrolling for the next one and then so on and so on.
Dave
Alun

Post by Alun »

davsato wrote:bump this thread;

ah, and another thing, two rants for the price of one- would it kill people to resize their pics so they fit on the screen in one go? if it doesnt it throws the whole page out and you have to scroll across to read every post.
Can you post up a link to a page where that is happening, I've not been aware of it.
davsato

Post by davsato »

oh bugger youve caught me out alun, like i mentioned its 'not so bad on this site' and ive just pasted the same post in a few forums. i'll edit the post, not fair to diss this one with someone elses problem. :whistle: :whistle:
Dave

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”