Sheep skins

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Tramp

Re: Sheep skins

Post by Tramp »

best way to stick for commuting is 3M heavy duty velcro stuck on side of seat and underneath of sheepskin...

To remove velcro from seat if/when selling bike use a hairdryer/hot air gun and some adhesive remover..works every time.

Or to deter thieves use a Tesco carrier bag tucked under the seat sides [ they think its a chepo bike.. :laugh: :laugh:
Jimbike

Post by Jimbike »

Tramp wrote:best way to stick for commuting is 3M heavy duty velcro stuck on side of seat and underneath of sheepskin...

To remove velcro from seat if/when selling bike use a hairdryer/hot air gun and some adhesive remover..works every time.
That's what I did and it worked very well, on and off daily :)
If you have eaten your breakfast, clean your bowl.
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

Jimbike wrote:
Tramp wrote:best way to stick for commuting is 3M heavy duty velcro stuck on side of seat and underneath of sheepskin...

That's what I did and it worked very well, on and off daily :)
plus then you can stick it to you office chair and have comfort all day long!
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

El Dudeness wrote:
Niklas wrote:
My way of making the skin stay in place is to squeeze it under the base of my Famsa tank bag base when attaching this.
I know some other people sew velcro straps on the skin and make them stick to each other under the seat.

Niklas
Thanks for the tip! I was wondering what the trick(s) was / were although it seems like you only attach the sheep in the front and not in the rear of the seat? Aren't you thereby commited to always having the tank bag on your bike when you want to bring your sheep?
Hey.
It's great to see you over here!

Yeah. My tank bag base is always there.
If I go without tank bag og tank side bags at all, the base for the bags is still there.
Famsa tank bag base is attached to the bike permanently in four places, snap attached in two places under your thigh and strap attached one place central in the front.

It's so very easy to remove the skin in a splitsecond when arriving after a days ride and maybe use on a camping chair or as a supplement to the pillow when sleeping in the tent although it's staying in place when driving.

This also makes it easy to tear it off and shake the rain off and withon 10 seconds it's back on dry.

Niklas
Doggo

Post by Doggo »

Just a reminder that the correct term for a sheepskin when used as a 'bike seat is a "Conan". ( Honestly, you lot etc. :dry:

It obviously carries some weight around here, so I'll admit to two weeks running the butchery counter in Waitrose Cirencester (The old one), about 20 years ago :P
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen

When a man is tired of motorcycling, he is tired of life
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

With the Boil Rally and Spanish HISS event looming in the next month or so decided to invest in one of these Lambland sheepskin fleeces
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
davsato

Post by davsato »

get a ickle lamb cheap,
tattoo a small seat shape on its back,
Chain it in the back garden to feed itself,
Keep measuring the tattoo as it grows and when its the right size, get the mint sauce out
Dave
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

Got a sheepskin rug from fleabay a few days ago.£12,having a couple defects.That's how it looks now: :D

Breva

Post by Breva »

Are you sure these are not meant for the bathroom? :laugh:
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

hmmmn, looks a bit flimsy :S

Vstrom1000 & Bandit600

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”