It's the Guardian again...

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: It's the Guardian again...

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

My response...which will probably not be printed

I’m puzzled by Mark Cocker’s implication that a few trail bikes on a vehicular right of way at Three Shires Head in the Peak District are somehow responsible for just 6% of the national parks nationwide being “in good health for nature.”
Judging by the number of large mammal carcases (deer, fox, badger) I spotted on the A30/A303 yesterday, wildlife sadly does not seem very deterred by traffic noise.
Surely right to roam walkers (and their right to run dogs) trampling randomly across open countryside, killing ground-nesting species, and crushing plants on the way, are far more damaging?

Richard Simpson

Cornwall
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

What about all the car parks and parking on verges when the car parks are full?
What is the comparative air pollution level?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

May I invite Mr Cocker to visit an area such as the Mam Tor car park and Castleton area in general, for him to look at the vast volume of cars haphazardly parked adjacent to the double yellow lines of the highway, the fields of car parks over flowing, dogs and children carelessly wondering in the roadway, the vast scars of so called footpaths on the hillsides, fly tipping of rubbish and the general litter left by the so called walkers.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

...apparently, the Peak District rangers have to collect approximately 60 tonnes of litter every year...that can't be good for wildlife...
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Scott_rider wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:39 pm ...apparently, the Peak District rangers have to collect approximately 60 tonnes of litter every year...that can't be good for wildlife...
Walkers and cyclists seem to be the main culprits.
The cyclists watch too many pro races so just lob it into the nearest hedge. Seen that many times, even to the riskiness of pointing it out to them.
Who clears up the dog poo as well?
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Rather than writing on here write to the Guardian. I did but there are so many arguments in favour of allowing access for responsible trail riders it is impossible to get them all in one letter.
Saint rob

Post by Saint rob »

Hugh wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:05 pm Greetings,

May I invite Mr Cocker to visit an area such as the Mam Tor car park and Castleton area in general, for him to look at the vast volume of cars haphazardly parked adjacent to the double yellow lines of the highway, the fields of car parks over flowing, dogs and children carelessly wondering in the roadway, the vast scars of so called footpaths on the hillsides, fly tipping of rubbish and the general litter left by the so called walkers.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh it looks like you miss spelled that last word and put an l in there instead of n
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”