Beeline sat nav, are they any good?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Scott_rider

Beeline sat nav, are they any good?

Post by Scott_rider »

Does anyone here use the Beeline Sat Nav for on-road use only? I like the size of it but I don't know what it's like to use in practice and does it drain the battery on your mobile quickly because I think it's always using an App (unless I'm wrong) ? I like it's function where you can set your destination, but not an exact route to it, and it will guide you in a rough way to that destination by it's compass at every junction etc. A bit like a mystery tour 8-) .

I was out last week and got completely lost after I had a 'geography' meltdown and that's why it's got me thinking about the Beeline. I was in Moreton-in-Marsh in the Cotswolds but ended up in Rugby, which was only 45 miles away but in my mind it was about 150 miles away and in a different direction, so I was surprised to end up there and had to navigate the 70 miles south back to Aylesbury by guess work and road signs... :roll:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
DavidS

Re: Beeline sat nav, are they any good?

Post by DavidS »

Scott_rider wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm Does anyone here use the Beeline Sat Nav for on-road use only? I like the size of it but I don't know what it's like to use in practice and does it drain the battery on your mobile quickly because I think it's always using an App (unless I'm wrong) ? I like it's function where you can set your destination, but not an exact route to it, and it will guide you in a rough way to that destination by it's compass at every junction etc. A bit like a mystery tour 8-) .

I was out last week and got completely lost after I had a 'geography' meltdown and that's why it's got me thinking about the Beeline. I was in Moreton-in-Marsh in the Cotswolds but ended up in Rugby, which was only 45 miles away but in my mind it was about 150 miles away and in a different direction, so I was surprised to end up there and had to navigate the 70 miles south back to Aylesbury by guess work and road signs... :roll:
I got lost in a similar way getting back Horsham way frim Bracknell after my service. No mobile signal near Guildford didn’t help.
Subsequently I did a bit of research and, in the end, decided that the Beeline is a bit too small to keep an eye on so I’ve bought an Ultimateaddons kit with a waterproof phone bag and connector cable and will use my phone for nav. EDIT…we have found that Google Maps sucks the life out of an uncabled iphone very quickly.
I got a Nicecnc gps adapter plate and fitted it over my dash.
IMG_2742.jpeg
IMG_2742.jpeg (167.13 KiB) Viewed 387 times
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”