Wet weather trousers

Does my ass look big in these?
Crossrutted

Wet weather trousers

Post by Crossrutted »

Yet again, after 4 hours in heavy rain, I arrived home with a damp nether regions.

Having ruled out the onset of incontinence, it became clear the waterproof trousers no longer deserve that name.

For trails I use ex-army Goretex over whatever mx/enduro trousers come to hand and always stay dry.

On road, preferring something more aesthetically pleasing and less flappy at speed I've tried a variety of manufacturers products over the last 40 years, but none have kept me dry in prolonged rain.

My only solution would appear to wear the ex army goretex whenever it is wet.

Question: is it unrealistic to expect to stay dry around me bollox & bum in decent looking kit?
Billy Bananahead

Re: Wet weather trousers

Post by Billy Bananahead »

When i was a London despatch rider, ages ago now but had 13 years at it, it was Rukka gear all the way.
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

Look on the bright side, you'll be glad of the leaky gear once you reach the age of onset of incontinence...
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Ksithumper wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 am Look on the bright side, you'll be glad of the leaky gear once you reach the age of onset of incontinence...
Mmmmn, thanks for that thought. :lol:
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 am When i was a London despatch rider, ages ago now but had 13 years at it, it was Rukka gear all the way.
I've heard good things about Rukka, however asked a mate on Sunday and discovered his Rukka trousers leaked - it was very heavy,persistent rain but...its a lot of dosh to throw at a solution that may not deliver!
wheelriding

Post by wheelriding »

I had Klim badlands kit and the trousers (first generation) leaked at the crotch after 4.5 years. Klim tested them and then replaced them with the latest generation a couple of years ago. The latest ones don’t have any stretch material in between the legs whereas the original ones did. So far they are dry. I also have Rukka Nivala kit. This is more road biased kit and is very expensive but so far very good, especially in winter. It also has a long warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

I’ve got accustomed to wearing two pairs of cheap waterproofs. My theory is that the hydrostatic head does not cope with the driving speed and sat on seat stance so another light pair on the outside cuts down the force of the rain and the inside keeps it dry….
It worked for me on the autobahns but no guarantees…
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
dave h

Post by dave h »

I'm using dainese tonale d dry, up to now dry,

It's their own version of gortex, laminated and stretchy,

Mid priced,

Dave
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

When it rains heavily I've used cheap 2 piece rain suit (meant for bicycle riding) over my regular riding gear. It has worked nicely. It packs down really small so i just leave it in the top box.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Apart from about an inch around the neck (needs a storm collar for heavy weather) my Klim Latitude suit kept me perfectly dry through 12 hours of torrential rain in France last year - including where it matters most - which was a welcome surprise (tbh I was half expecting some leakage, but no, nothing).

Suit is only a couple of years old, but is unlikely to get tested much this year, unless the gods decide to water these parts sometime soon...

Hope that helps
Pat

Return to “CLOTHING”