*%^**!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Asgard

Re: *%^**!!!

Post by Asgard »

Got fed up and flecked off to fuerteventura for a fortnight, been 0n the mtb riding dusty trails every day, today I am renting a CB500X ....Just looked at the forecast and guess what?.....its gonna rain FFS :roll:
Its a trick............get an Axe
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

To the delight of the locals, it’s been peeing it down here on the Costa del Sol for the last 30 hours, and not due to ease off until this evening. Much needed though.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/travel/trav ... a-32293169
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

“Come to southern Spain for some winter sun” they said. 🤔
Attachments
A4B82EB1-74A0-4E14-B6AD-357FC88CF99C.jpeg
A4B82EB1-74A0-4E14-B6AD-357FC88CF99C.jpeg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

...Turned out just a brief Shower :D

Ended up having a Spanish badged chinese clone bike as the CB500X was in need of a screen , Ive already forgotten what it was called but a pic below, never ridden the Honda so can't compare the 2 but it had decent suspension, felt stable and composed at medium speeds, a nice gearbox and a very comfortable seat.
cons:, top heavy with a full tank so low speed handling was not great, fuelling a bit snatchy at low revs and going from closed throttle to power on and a bit lack luster in the power compartment (It might have been restricted version for the snowfla...I mean youngsters :P )
IMG_20240309_144450_400.jpg
IMG_20240309_144450_400.jpg (411.8 KiB) Viewed 406 times
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Asgard wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:36 am Got fed up and flecked off to fuerteventura for a fortnight, been 0n the mtb riding dusty trails every day
Did you fly your mtb with you to Spain?
Do you know if you can you take an e-mtb on a plane?
Never thought of doing this, but sounds a good thing to do in the depths of a miserable UK winter/spring.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

mark vb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:28 pm
Asgard wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:36 am Got fed up and flecked off to fuerteventura for a fortnight, been 0n the mtb riding dusty trails every day
Did you fly your mtb with you to Spain?
Do you know if you can you take an e-mtb on a plane?
Never thought of doing this, but sounds a good thing to do in the depths of a miserable UK winter/spring.
I always take an MTB with me but have no idea about E-Bikes, I imagine its down to weight firstly and the Battery, weight probably not a problem but the battery (Lithium I presume) is perhaps a different matter.

I did look into Lithium Batteries in aeroplanes and it all came down to the fact that if it was certified to be safe to transport by air on original export from its country of origin then it could be transported onwards but proof of this certification was needed and this was for a battery discharged and unconnected to a device (yea I know all our phones have these batteries but they are low energy relatively speaking and somehow exempt)
This was years ago though so I imagine things have moved on and it may be straightforward...give the airline a call

P.S. I saw quite a few people on rented E-Bikes over there, not sure how the prices work out though if you want to make the most of it and ride every day (I do :D )
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

I believe there is a Watt hour (Wh) limit with lithium batteries on aeroplanes and all typical sized Ebike batteries are way over that.

Some people if going to the Alps for instance just leave the battery at home and use without it, taking advantage of the ski lifts etc for the climbs.

Maybe one day battery hire could be a thing????
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Going back to the weather...its seriously beginning to get to me
Shit weather, shit Government, rapidly disappearing rights of the individual, hardly any trails to ride a motorcycle that dont have a gate every fecking 100 yards, everyone ripping each other off cos they have to make enough to pay the feckers that are ripping them off (an endless circle of exploitation)

What a shit country
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Asgard wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:41 pm Going back to the weather...its seriously beginning to get to me
Shit weather, shit Government, rapidly disappearing rights of the individual ,everyone ripping each other off cos they have to make enough to pay the feckers that are ripping them off (an endless circle of exploitation)

What a shit country
Yep. Couldn't agree more. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that i've taken early retirement so don't have to take as much shit these days.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Asgard wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:41 pm Going back to the weather...its seriously beginning to get to me
Shit weather, shit Government, rapidly disappearing rights of the individual, hardly any trails to ride a motorcycle that dont have a gate every fecking 100 yards, everyone ripping each other off cos they have to make enough to pay the feckers that are ripping them off (an endless circle of exploitation)

What a shit country
Yep .. the weather is affecting me physically and mentally, and more so every year I get older. The news doesn't help, and the way people are these days is getting worse. as you say.

I think the best survival method is simply to live in your own bubble, ignore people's shit, and do your own thing. If that's possible.

The hardest part is trying to survive the lockdown given by the weather. Though I suppose there are indoor ways to beat that. And outdoor clothing to help. But overcoming the cold is now an issue for me.

Eat well, keep warm and dry, mostly. Exercise lightly where possible, and keep interest in any way possible.

Return to “THE PUB”