*%^**!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DavidS

Re: *%^**!!!

Post by DavidS »

For some time now we have barely watched the news but do cherry pick articles on the BBCNews website.
We mute all commercials and self promotion ads plus the beginning of all programmes that spend five minutes telling you what is ‘coming up…’.

We’ve been trying to rebuild two fence panels and fill in two former flower borders in our block paving.
We started before xmas but, with the cold and wet, we only hope to finish this week, if it really does stay dry. Rubbish weather forecasting doesn’t help.

Grumpy old age does get you down, even though we haven’t really got anything to moan about. We are healthy enough, can, with care and within sensible reason, buy and do what we want but the relentless misery being thrown at us really pees us off.

Most of the time it’s not even that nice to ride the bike and the potholes round here are breeding like rabbits.

Thrill of the day - off to Toolstation in the pouring rain to pick up some spray adhesive.

Ah well….it could be worse. :D
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Trouble is, there's so much going on .. competition for energy resources, land, finances, power and control etc with ever increasing population, and mass migrations etc. Banks, politicians, dictators, policies .. agendas.. etc etc etc.

On top of all that shite .. the bad weather, is making life difficult here in the UK, as elsewhere. The winters are so long now, and it affects our mood and health.

Keep positive, in the face of great odds, keep smiling, and look forward to great biking times, this summer
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Gave up on the UK weather last month and drove down to the Sister-in-Law’s place in southern Spain with Mrs Spike and the dog. Great weather, and together with the desalination plants to supplement the nearly dry reservoirs, they now have enough fresh water in these parts to last until September, if it doesn’t rain this spring. Thinking I won’t be complaining about the rain upon my return home, but pretty sure I probably will if it carries on into the summer.

Return to “THE PUB”