Plantar

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Plantar

Post by garyboy »

Plantar Faciitis .. this is inflammation or damage to the Plantar Fascia, the the tendon underneath the foot which connects the heel bone to the toes. This is the area under the foot that you walk on.

This year I continued working in my daughter's garden doing some very heavy work building walls and steps up a steep slope. I stopped work when I was getting exhausted from carrying blocks and stones long distances up steep steps, on my own. I'm an oap but thought myself young looking, but now I was beginning to look old and haggard. No wonder.

Anyway, I began using my bike in recent months, having previously sacrificed my bike hobby for the work to be completed. Soon, I was limping and struggling to get around my house. Strangely, once I had shoes on and walking outside, I was OK but slow. I was beginning to think I would be in a wheelchair soon. Obviously, I blamed it on old age and overworking in the garden

Last night, my foot was hurting underneath and I pressed the tendons underneath the foot. It hurt. Suddenly, I had an epiphany, a sudden realisation that this was the very spot that I stand on while riding my bike.

It was the bike's fault, lol. Or rather my fault for wearing touring boots,.. Forma.. instead of my motocross boots .. Alpinestars tech 10, I think which I considered too heavy stiff, and awkward.

Solution to hobbling about? ... change riding boots to one's with stiffer soles. (hopefully).
garyboy

Re: Plantar

Post by garyboy »

Amazingly, I googled Cure for Plantar Faciitis, and found the RICE cure. (blimey, I sound like an advert, lol)
Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (of foot).
Baroncure has some exercises to do, as well.
I just massaged the bottom of foot with the other foot... crikey .. instant relief. Couldn't believe it. Will keep doing.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

So, to complement the foot massage, I have now taken to wearing socks in bed (where I am most of the day, anyway, as well as in the night).

This will help with Compression, as long as not too tight around the ankles.

BTW.. Arthritis.. I do the sock thing to my arms and wrists, and it seems to help the Rheumatism.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Hope this may be of help to someone
But hope there's no need.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

PRO 11 WELLBEING Plantar Series Orthotic Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis Knee Pain Back Pain Fallen Arches https://amzn.eu/d/3O7NZRF
I get it every now and then...I bought some of these last year and they have been great to be fair..
Now have them in all my work boots and casual shoes...
It's also know as tight calve syndrome...so I also stretch my calves onnthe bottom step...

Good luck
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Awww .. thanks, mate .. very much appreciated :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Only just now noticed the Amazon link, lol.
1 pair of insoles arriving Tomorrow.. phew quick, Prime.

Thank you. Keep well. :)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

garyboy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:07 pm Plantar Faciitis .. this is inflammation or damage to the Plantar Fascia, the the tendon underneath the foot which connects the heel bone to the toes. This is the area under the foot that you walk on.

This year I continued working in my daughter's garden doing some very heavy work building walls and steps up a steep slope. I stopped work when I was getting exhausted from carrying blocks and stones long distances up steep steps, on my own. I'm an oap but thought myself young looking, but now I was beginning to look old and haggard. No wonder.

Anyway, I began using my bike in recent months, having previously sacrificed my bike hobby for the work to be completed. Soon, I was limping and struggling to get around my house. Strangely, once I had shoes on and walking outside, I was OK but slow. I was beginning to think I would be in a wheelchair soon. Obviously, I blamed it on old age and overworking in the garden

Last night, my foot was hurting underneath and I pressed the tendons underneath the foot. It hurt. Suddenly, I had an epiphany, a sudden realisation that this was the very spot that I stand on while riding my bike.

It was the bike's fault, lol. Or rather my fault for wearing touring boots,.. Forma.. instead of my motocross boots .. Alpinestars tech 10, I think which I considered too heavy stiff, and awkward.

Solution to hobbling about? ... change riding boots to one's with stiffer soles. (hopefully).

Soft boots and off-road riding is not a good combination.
MX boots with enduro/commando tread pattern is the way to go.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

double post
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:28 pm double post
It's OK.. I ordered a Pair :D

Return to “THE PUB”