Screens - I’m confused.

The essential art of farkling.
Scott_rider

Re: Screens - I’m confused.

Post by Scott_rider »

I've been using ear plugs for about 10 years. I first thought I'd better start using them after a very noisy and fast trip to Spain on my old Fazer 1000 that left me with ringing in my ears for days afterwards :oops: . Anyway, I started off with the 3m roll up type of foam plugs which are cheap as chips but in recent years I've switched to the Pinlock type ones which are more expensive but much, much better. I can still hear the intercom or music through them almost as good as if I wasn't wearing them.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

At first I thought you bought a 3m roll of foam. 🙄 😂

Ear plugs have never been on my radar as anything in my ear has always caused me discomfort.
I don’t use an intercom or listen to music so that isn’t an issue.
My wife and I have evolved enough hand signals to suffice. Plus a poke in the ribs when she’s not happy with me.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

DavidS wrote:At first I thought you bought a 3m roll of foam. Image Image

Ear plugs have never been on my radar as anything in my ear has always caused me discomfort.
My wife and I have evolved enough hand signals to suffice. Plus a poke in the ribs when she’s not happy with me.
I wouldn’t ride a road going bike without ear plugs
Far too dangerous
Just get some custom made ones, with filters & specifically moulded to your ears
You will thank me Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Pardon!

Too late for me and will probably be the same for many. Which youth ever listened to such knowledgable advice? :lol: :lol:

Now, I too have no top frequency hearing and have been forced into wearing hearing aids (but not when wearing my open faced helmet :roll: )

TTFN

Hugh.
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:13 pm

Far too dangerous
Just get some custom made ones, with filters & specifically moulded to your ears
You will thank me Image
The latest ultra-soft ear plugs can barely be felt in the ear (when correctly inserted). Still manage to kill the noise by 30db or more. Awesome stuff.
The ear plugs of old are like bias belted tires. Best thrown away, or kept unused in the attic.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Temporary update.

Roads not flooded and covered in mud for the first time for ages so popped out for a quick 10 mile rural loop with the screen removed.
Booming wind noise gone, just the normal noise up to 80 leptons - actually better than my old modern Triumph Bonneville was at 70.
Surprising amount of wind chest protection just from the speedo/gps mount as it was still a bit fresh out..

Therefore, ordered a Powerbronze Sports screen this afternoon. About 80mm lower so fingers crossed it will lift the chest protection a bit but not reintroduce the helmet noise.
Hopefully here in a couple of days.

I may look at lower mirrors as well. They may look a bit high anyway although the rear view is good. Maybe a bit like mini ape hangers.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:13 pm

Far too dangerous
You will thank me Image
It's too late to save my upper frequency hearing but I still get bothered by certain noises when riding, I just wondered if you could elaborate on what you mean by not using them being dangerous though......?I'm all ears (sorry) :mrgreen:
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “ACCESSORIES”