Voge 300 Rally . . .

The Things We Ride
crofty

Re: Voge 300 Rally . . .

Post by crofty »

I too thought Nathan's video this morning was difficult to make out, lots of echoes. Anyway I'm interested in one and trying to get a demo ride.
One thing I heard on a you tube video is that it will only run on E5, that would make it very difficult to run around the highlands of Scotland and lots of country area in England and Wales too perhaps.
at 4.05 in on this video

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Got a terrible write-up in MCN, contradicted by every owner who commented BTL.
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

crofty wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:40 pm I too thought Nathan's video this morning was difficult to make out, lots of echoes. Anyway I'm interested in one and trying to get a demo ride.
One thing I heard on a you tube video is that it will only run on E5, that would make it very difficult to run around the highlands of Scotland and lots of country area in England and Wales too perhaps.
at 4.05 in on this video

Apologies, I'd left the wireless mic at home.

Plug cap came off. Fixed.
Lexinoo

Post by Lexinoo »

I think they look like a pretty good bike for general trail riding too, especially for the money.
Most owners I've seen have said they are better than a crf300 out of the box.
There is a chap on some other forums and Facebook groups,(Voge rally adventures on YouTube) who has been doing some quite big days out riding UK Tet and can't praise it enough so far.
Keeping my eyes on them as a potential future purchase.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Lexinoo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:35 am I think they look like a pretty good bike for general trail riding too, especially for the money.
There is a chap on some other forums and Facebook groups,(Voge rally adventures on YouTube) who has been doing some quite big days out riding UK Tet and can't praise it enough so far.
I’m picking mine up on 2nd November. I was impressed when I went to look at one and even more impressed when I rode it.
Lee Frost

Post by Lee Frost »

A mate of mine got chatting to a KTM mechanic recently on the ferry back from Spain (after doing the Spanish ACT). He said KTM bought a Voge 300 Rally, stripped the engine down, and said it would pass all KTM quality tests. They were shocked at how good it is for the money.
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

Lee Frost wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:33 pm A mate of mine got chatting to a KTM mechanic recently on the ferry back from Spain (after doing the Spanish ACT). He said KTM bought a Voge 300 Rally, stripped the engine down, and said it would pass all KTM quality tests. They were shocked at how good it is for the money.
It could of course also mean that KTM quality tests aren't very demanding. A person on this forum returned two of them due to issues. However, Chinese Quality is not the oxymoron many make the mistake of thinking it is. Many Chinese brands are high quality brands. Xiaomi is one I have nice personal experience with. DJI is on my wishlist.
Last edited by Magnusson on Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Why are they shocked?--China no longer makes inferior quality products , they simply don't sell, but it takes time to get over all those failures of years ago. I also heard that KTM get less warranty returns from their bikes made in India compared to the home base in Austria
Lexinoo

Post by Lexinoo »

Cornishman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:18 pm
Lexinoo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:35 am I think they look like a pretty good bike for general trail riding too, especially for the money.
I’m picking mine up on 2nd November. I was impressed when I went to look at one and even more impressed when I rode it.
I hope it goes well for you,I went and had a look at one in the flesh at Stafford and was quite impressed with it.Never got to ride it though.
Not seen much bad feedback so far from owners , a few reports of dodgy wheel bearings ,a couple with worn swing arm bearings/ bushes and a bent side stand..
Please update here with your experience with it 🙏. What bikes are you coming from?
Lexinoo

Post by Lexinoo »

So did anyone ride/ buy one yet?

Return to “BIKES”