2018 Africa Twin CRF1000 DCT - £7,000

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
DanielS

2018 Africa Twin CRF1000 DCT - £7,000

Post by DanielS »

2018 (Facelifted one) CRF1000 DCT with approx 27,500 miles for sale. Will pop it on eBay in the next week or two if no interest here. I'm based in Lutterworth and you're welcome to come look, but no test rides unless full asking price in cash in my hand. Sorry, but you know how it is.

Facelifted one with the new dash design, throttle by wire and I believe some tweaks to the DCT. Also has the Lithium battery. The DCT is bloody amazing!

Full Honda service history (Last one done a couple of months ago at 24,000). About 10 months left on the MOT.

Generally in good condition, there may be a mark here or there. There's virtually no corrosion as I ACF it everywhere. But remember it is 5 years old now so it's by no means perfect. There are some marks here and there.

Extras:
Crash Bars (Think they're SW Motech)
Batzen Screen bracket - So you can slide the screen up/down
Honda handguards (One has a scuff on it from previous owner)
Standard heated grips
Pyramid Plastics Fender extender on the front mudguard
PDM Power distribution module - Google it, it's a fancy fuse block essentially that's fully programmable with a PC.
12v cigarette lighter that runs off the aforementioned PDM60
Spot lights which are controlled with the factory spot light switch and wired into the PDM60
A set of OEM panniers which I bought used for my first trip 3 years ago. The panniers work fine and are watertight, but they are tatty and one was damaged and has been repaired by the previous owner as you can see in the photos. But they work fine and have taken me all over Europe fine
Rear plate (Think it's SW Motech) that I use for my Givi Topbox. The topbox is NOT for sale.
Vlad brace for the bar on the dash. The quadock is not included.
RG Tank side pad sticker things. One has never been stuck down perfectly and has lifted a bit. But it's been like that for 3 years without issue.
RG headlight protectors
The plastic cover for the fork gap for wind buffeting
Lust Racing Lowering link was fitted by previous owner so it's about 25mm lower I guess. Fine for a shortlie like me with the standard seat in the standard position. You can lower the seat again.
Shorter Side Stand (Also have the original)
I also have a low seat spare
Ohlins stickers on the shocks were put on my previous owner. They certainly not Ohlins 🙂

Just this morning fitted a new genuine DID chain with JT Sprockets and a new rear tyre is on order and will arrive later this week.

I think that's it. I have owned it about 3 years now and it only goes out in summer for circa 2000 to 4000 mile trips on my summer hols. I have just completed another trip hence why the mileage has gone up a few thousand in the last month.

mark vb

Re: 2018 Africa Twin CRF1000 DCT - £7,000

Post by mark vb »

It could be worthwhile putting your ad on the Africa Twin UK facebook group - there's quite often folks who say they're looking for sub-£10k AT's. (It's very largely CRF Africa Twins as there are other XRV facebook groups)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Wow .. what a brilliant bargain :o 8-) 8-)

If only I had the money .... and an extra foot on each leg :D
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

garyboy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:36 pm Wow .. what a brilliant bargain :o 8-) 8-)

If only I had the money .... and an extra foot on each leg :D
Haha, I'm only 5 foot 6 (and a half) it fine, until it's not! :)
mark vb wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:18 pm It could be worthwhile putting your ad on the Africa Twin UK facebook group - there's quite often folks who say they're looking for sub-£10k AT's. (It's very largely CRF Africa Twins as there are other XRV facebook groups)
Thanks, I popped it on there too. Once the new tyre is fitted I'll pop it on eBay as well as that always seems to be one of the best places. :)
Hall

Post by Hall »

If its in the same condition as his used laptops it will be grand
Aka "jkay"

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”