test rides de800 transalp 750

The Things We Ride
Ksithumper

Re: test rides de800 transalp 750

Post by Ksithumper »

Just done Portugal and back, swapped to knobbly tyres and did Greece and the Balkans - a lot of it offroad. 16000km in 10 weeks, (1 of those being at home in between).

No issues at all, didn't even need to top up the oil. My well-abused 2018 Africa Twin. Modern bikes don't have to be cr*p.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

The new road only Suzuki V Strom 800RE gets a good review.
This YouTube video is a spirited road test (from about 7.25 mins to 10 mins) 8-)
The tester is following a French Suzuki test rider on the launch in the South of France 8-)

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ive bin down and they have just a single one in the local shop ..there going to ring me when the demo comes on ..i kinda liked the de but ive had to concede that crfs are the only route for me off road ..the t7 was too much for me .so the roady one will be interesting to me
me test rides this year are verys1000 versys 1000se tiger 900 gt pro nt1100 transalp 750 de 800 benneli 702 tracer900gt ... tenere world raid ....... ive been trying for a while to convince meself a want /need a bigger banger than me 650 but i have really struggled to to be convinced by most of em ..
.random example and most recent was the 900gt pro .it was nowt much more than ok .dare i say a bit rough engine wise and pretty viby at speed .. but it was my bike plus 9270 quid by the time i had like for like..panniers centre stand and all and tbo in my mind..not the real world i know it were worth maby 1500 quid more and even then i wernt sure if actually liked it ? :o .very very difficult to see 9 grand in it ..daft stuff like heated seats didnt help the price i guess ... similar for all of them in a way ..

that got me to conclude i liked the suzuki better anyway and i could keep my bike and put the suzuki alongside it for the same amount of cash ????? i aint payin 5.5 grand fo a cruise control which was about the only thing of note that was any better

its only bike chat but ive been left after all that bunch liking the suzuki more than any of em apart from the tragic weather protection on the DE
.i do know for sure that the suzikis engine suited my style of riding much better than any of the above .it just has gobs of nice pull in any gear from very low down ..ive no evidence other than me butt dyno that it will be just as quick as the 1000s to 60/70 mph and not slow to 100 for sure ..afterwhich i dont really care that much
intersting he gets 45mpg these fast boys dont hang around or pay for owt ..the internet wisdom seems to be around230 miles to the light nearer to 60mpg for more normal users i think ..hope so

looks decent enough fun in that video for sure hoping the midget suspension set up suspension stays on the plush side then i can spend the change making it look even uglier than standard trim :mrgreen: i quite like the stroms looks tbo but im one of the few that like tha pan america s looks so that dont say much

keep well
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”