Ecky Thump Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
cowling

Re: Ecky Thump Rally

Post by cowling »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your efforts, I've just managed to swing this, a bit late to the party I know. I will only be able to do the Friday night, but will have food fri night and breakfast on sat morning if that's possible ?

Been to the ecky thump a few times but not at Goathland.

Regards Neil.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

cowling wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:18 pm Hi Steve,

Thanks for your efforts, I've just managed to swing this, a bit late to the party I know. I will only be able to do the Friday night, but will have food fri night and breakfast on sat morning if that's possible ?

Been to the ecky thump a few times but not at Goathland.

Regards Neil.
Hi cowling, of course you will be more than welcome.

Goathland is one of the best sites yet for the rally, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Cheers Steve
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Just a couple of weeks now.

Still trying to fathom out some sort of numbers! :shock:
Hogfish T400

Post by Hogfish T400 »

It's a hard call to fathom the numbers Steve, the weather will play a part that's for sure.
Hot & sunny = good turn out. pissing down = not so good.
See you Thursday rain or shine

Nev & Lisa
jayaredubya

Post by jayaredubya »

hi, just checking is this still on this year and if we need to book on if we are able to come ?

cheers
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

jayaredubya wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:42 pm hi, just checking is this still on this year and if we need to book on if we are able to come ?

cheers
Yes still on at the Goathland Hub, same as last year'.... and no you don't have to book, just turn up. Cheers
, I hope to get up this weekend to take tubs for rubbish as we had last year.

We will have a firepit and on site catering as well as the bar in the building.

The marquee has been left up, albeit without sides as per last year if you have a delicate bike that doesn't like rain! :lol:

Cheers Steve (alias Mario)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Just got recovered from France after a classic (as I found out later) Hall effect failure on my R1100RS. Ended up stranded by the side of the A28 in rain, recovered off then transported to Amiens for a BMW Motorrad dealer to confirm the fault--biggish job and wait for parts. Bike was loaded with all my camping gear wet through. Anyway, my son drove my van down and back in a day and I'm trying to sort stuff out. Bike won't be repaired (by me) for some weeks I guess. I may have alternatives to get there so we'll see. Lots of extra expense which I hope to claim some back--but that will take time. Good thing I was on my way home from the Dordogne and north of Rouen and not stuck down south. The problem is that its a 30 year old bike and the rule is that if recovery is more than the value of the bike then they won't do anything--so its DIY. I was lucky in a way.
cowling

Post by cowling »

Sorry to hear this Chris, good that your sorted and back home, and I'm sure the bike will also be sorted , in time. I'll be at the ecky thump for the Fri night , if u make it I'll see u there. 👍
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Fingers crossed that I can make it Neil--but it won't be the R1100RS as I have to wait a few days for parts. I might blag my son's old airhead. Anyway, I will have minimal kit so can I use the on site catering please Steve?
devon john

Post by devon john »

Gary and egbo are coming ..just massaged me

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”