AS Linesman trousers

Does my ass look big in these?
beddowsm

AS Linesman trousers

Post by beddowsm »

Does anyone have a pair? Thoughts? Are they worth the £299? Was the sizing correct? eg did you order what you normally would or did you have to change sizes?

They read decent, I would have just bought a pair, but they are still out of stock in my size. So thought Id ask opinions on them from anyone who has stumped up the cash.
Paul_C

Re: AS Linesman trousers

Post by Paul_C »

I have a pair. I like them but, in my opinion, they're not a winter trouser. Even with thick long John's on they're not warm enough as the cold wind pretty much passes straight through. Maybe I'm a wimp (yes). That said I'm pleased and now it's warmer I'm wearing them regularly. Comfortable to wear and I think they'll be an excellent summer trouser as they breathe very well, hence the winter chill. They stretch well and I don't really notice I've got them on. They fit over my Sidi Crossfire boots. That said I don't think they'd stretch much more. More suited to a solid "Adventure" boot perhaps. If you are enthusiastic about taking water at pace the water will pass straight through. Not really a problem as they dry quickly too. It would be generous to call them shower proof. Clearly you'll need a pair of waterproof over trousers. I use a pair of breathable army surplus ones with full length side zips. A bargain at £30. I'm not convinced by the blue colour but it's quite subdued and a shade darker than I was expecting.
As to size I'm a 32/33 waist and went for the 32. They're ok but I'd really have liked the option of trying on the 34 too. I'd say I'm probably between sizes, a little less beer in future perhaps. I had the short option as I'm 5'6" and they're just right.
A good trouser, a bit expensive but they're good quality.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Nice one, thank for the reply.

I thought if the sizing wasnt right you could send them back? Ill have another read on the AS website as I am also inbetween sizes and at 6'4" will need the longer leg. If I dont feel comfortable when they arrive Id want the option to return.

Shame they are not "shower proof" as I do a fair bit of water crossings, but saying that on a wet or muddy day I also wear amry over trousers so probably not a problem.

Im fed up of my big heavy Klim overlands. Time for a change, not that Im knocking klim, they are a great bike trouser.

Im just waiting for new stock to arrive as they are out of my size.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I have Klim Overland's too but I generally wear them for road riding. Yes, if I wasn't ok with the size I'd have returned them.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

I like mine, sizing is pretty spot on (32" waist).

I can get them over my O'Neill MX Boots - I took the top fastener off (lots of velcro up there anyway) to make it less snug....

Not really winter trousers but I do like them & my bum looks amazing in them!! :P

D
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

They're currently working on a Gravel Pant (trouser) (I dislike the Americanisation of our language).

This, along with the Gravel Jacket, is supposed to be a waterproof all day trouser. I'm holding out to see what that is like.

I like the AS stuff and have invested in the top half of things, with the Supershirt, Linesman Jacket and Singletrack jacket, but I don't want to keep having to altering layers in the trouser region, so I'm waiting to see the Gravel trousers before committing.

The information provided has been useful and it has justified my waiting to see what they bring out. Thank you.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

I normally stick a pair of waterproof over trousers on so altering layers isnt a big issue for me. Noticed they were back in stock in my size today, so took a punt and ordered a pair. Fingers crossed.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Well, I bought a pair. Wore them for a weekend away. Heres my thoughts.

They are a tight hugging fitting trouser. The knee armour stays in place perfectly, unlike my overlands where it seems to sit too low. I really like the way the trousers clip when going over the boot (Forma Adventure). Im fed up of having to use tape with my klim gear to secure the trouser leg.

They are definitely not waterproof.....and Im not convinced Id call them shower proof. But, as I was riding trails that I knew would have puddles I wore gortex over trousers.

They felt really comfortable to wear. Im somewhere between a 36 to 38 waist, and the 38 I got fit me perfectly. I definitely wouldnt get into the 36. Im 6 foot 4, and the tall leg are perfect.

Overall, Im happy with them.....for Summer use.
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

Great feedback, especially regarding size.

I'm still holding out for the Gravel trousers, although with a lottery win, I may get both.

Return to “CLOTHING”