Ooops !

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
soho

Ooops !

Post by soho » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 pm

I left my Tom Tom on top of a fuel pump this afternoon at a Garage in Kent.............It's long gone now, what a twat head.

Question then, has anyone here tried using an iPad mini on a Ram mount for mapping ? (As I have one but don't have 400 quid for a new sat nav) :roll:

Works well with apple maps and google maps in the car but I was concerned about the effect of vibes etc on the bike ??

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
lancashirelad

Re: Ooops !

Post by lancashirelad » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Have you contacted them maybe the next customer was the local vicar you may be lucky??
I've to start again now buying & fitting all the bits I had on the previous cb500x!!! :D

soho

Post by soho » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:16 am

Yep I called but the person I spoke to had extremely limited knowledge of English and seemed to think I was calling a wrong number. I said the word SAT NAV so many times I figured something might have clicked but in the end I gave up. Called again later hoping to get a different staff member and he put the phone down . Tom Tom Rider, It was ten years old and never updated.................not the biggest loss I guess ?

Off to the Rally after Ive had a swim, as I have nowhere to mount an iPad it looks like a paper map then ! :D

fatowl

Post by fatowl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:09 am

All the pumps are on CCTV and recorded. If they were nice, they could (let you) go through the vid, and see who's got it.

Return to “TECHNICAL”