Waterproof over glove recommendations

Does my ass look big in these?
Peirre

Waterproof over glove recommendations

Post by Peirre » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:12 pm

I’m in the market for some lightweight packable over gloves that I can use in an emergency if I’m caught in a heavy shower when summer touring, ideally something that I can wear over my summer gloves & doesn’t need to be too durable or expensive, I’ve tried the mitten type but found using the clutch & switches fiddly. So I’m looking for something with fingers or lobster claws.
Currently I’m looking at industrial gloves/gauntlets, something more durable than marigolds, but atm I’m unsure if they’re work

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
DavidS

Re: Waterproof over glove recommendations

Post by DavidS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:12 pm

I bought Held rubber gloves for winter trail riding. About a tenner.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/131868366959?c ... fcffb5fddf
I’ve only used them once and were fine but would be a bit sweaty in summer.
I can’t believe the manufacturers haven’t heard of summer showers or even rain.
2019 Triumph T120 Black and 2015 Husky FE450

Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm

I have Hevik overgloves, pretty cheap and cheerful, but do the job.

You will need to be careful with sizing though as it's hit and miss.

Peirre

Post by Peirre » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Elmer J Fudd wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm
As my gloves size is large, would you recommend getting the XL

OB1

Post by OB1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:18 am

I had the Rev'It Spokane H2O over gloves... note: HAD.

They were useless. The lining seemed to be separate from the outer which made them difficult to put on, then, during a day of riding in torrential rain in Sweden, it was like wearing useless plastic bags over your normal gloves.

My suggestion, just take a pair of decent waterproof gloves as they'll be better in the long run and you can use them all year round.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

catcitrus

Post by catcitrus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:59 am

having tried most things I normally ride in lightweight reinforced MX type gloves most of the year for feel--and if they get wet in the summer they dry out quickly--and you can carry a spare pair--I also carry ex army goretex mitts--these are normally long with elastic closure and a further strap near your wrist. Being goretex and unlined I've never had a problem with "feel"-especially wearing lightweight gloves underneath. They also work well in cold weather--I've given up wearing any glove thats bulky and meant to be waterproof-even Klim leak! I suppose riding offroad teaches you the value of feel and grip over dry hands--as long as they are not cold of course. In really wet weather for road riding the goretex mitts work well--you are not fiddling with the controls all the time--the army knows best--and they are cheap--and also the best wet weather gear(rolled up and thrown on when the weather gets bad)---I've gravitated to ex German army goretex salopettes and ex RAF blue goretex jacket in XXL. The very old fashioned dispatch riders coat was a good design as it flowed over your legs and let the rain run down without puddling--its a shame that fashion seems to have won over functionality!

Peirre

Post by Peirre » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Well I went with the Hevik overgloves, ordering them from omni racing in Italy at £19.23 delivered, and they arrived today via dhl courier. I ordered XL to fit over my size L summer gloves, and they seem to fit well without any real bagginess, the real test of quality will be later on

soho

Post by soho » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 pm

I wear Air carbon MX gloves all year, when it rains I slip plastic gloves from garage petrol pumps over the top. Keep a 'wodge' of them under the seat, good for messy repairs too !

(different story as a courier 35years ago : Deri boots, Argos Fishermans suit & Marigolds)

Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Peirre wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:38 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm
As my gloves size is large, would you recommend getting the XL
Maybe, I got an XL pair, but ended up with an XXL pair, the chap on e-bay did free replacements if size incorrect (BargainBikerBrands). Really good service.

faizfair82

Post by faizfair82 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:40 pm

These lobster shape gloves is pretty handy in riding and stuff. One should wear standard quality gloves to get better comfort level.

Return to “CLOTHING”