2019 somewhere warm

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
pdwhyte75

2019 somewhere warm

Post by pdwhyte75 »

Hi folks, my mate and I are looking to join/organise a ride out next year to somewhere warm. Riding from UK so will be European trip via ferry. Camping to keep cost down.
We both have larger adventure bikes, ktm and 1150gs therefore won't be heavy offroading.

Im a newby at organising trips....Anyone got any plans we can join or want to get involved?

I'm thinking south France, Spain perhaps? Away for a week.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AlanHolt

Re: 2019 somewhere warm

Post by AlanHolt »

Can I tempt you to www.goodlifefarm.es ? We are a days ride from the ferry and we are surrounded by great roads and trails. 2hrs to Barcelona, 3hrs to Valencia, 2hrs from the Pyrenees, which gives you options for day-long sightseeing rides.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
pdwhyte75

Post by pdwhyte75 »

Thanks. Looks good. I like the idea of a couple of night stay. We could ditch the luggage and perhaps do some light-ish offroading and explore for a day or two.
What are the accommodation costs please?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The casa is €50/night based on two people, and €5pppn for additional people. I am still waiting for the printed licence conditions to arrive so my solicitor and accountant can advise me whether I need to charge tax, which could be 10%. This obviously wouldn't apply to 'friends'...
Cone

Post by Cone »

We’re going down to Phil’s in April I believe he’ll have space and can direct you to some light off-roading more the merrier and all!
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Have a look at the TET for possible routes, some will be easily doable on a big bike with a modicum of skill.
Best advice is to not overplan anything, as it's your "first" trip, I would have a day road a day off road or set up in one area and have a couple days riding in that area as Alan has suggested. I'm sure Alan won't mind taking you out for a trail or two or even pointing you in the right direction

Do not rush anything. I will generally ride all day then about 4pm start looking for a suitable campsite for the night or wild camp.
Download Archie's and put that on to your satnav
http://www.archiescampings.eu

If you go with a group you will need to ride at their pace or them at yours ( a group ride is only as fast as the slowest rider) and stop when they want
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

zimtim wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 am Have a look at the TET for possible routes, some will be easily doable on a big bike with a modicum of skill.
Best advice is to not overplan anything, as it's your "first" trip, I would have a day road a day off road or set up in one area and have a couple days riding in that area as Alan has suggested. I'm sure Alan won't mind taking you out for a trail or two or even pointing you in the right direction
We are located on the TET, and I can supply GPX routes for local trails, or guide/ride with people if they prefer. One thing I will mention if it's your first trip to inland Spain, is that summer temperatures can be higher than what you usually experience on the coast. We hit high 30's and low 40's from June to September. It's generally 8-10 degrees cooler once you get within 20km of the coast.
Oblix

Post by Oblix »

Cone wrote:We’re going down to Phil’s in April I believe he’ll have space and can direct you to some light off-roading more the merrier and all!
U going on your 701?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cone

Post by Cone »

Oblix wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Cone wrote:We’re going down to Phil’s in April I believe he’ll have space and can direct you to some light off-roading more the merrier and all!
U going on your 701?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nope I’m walking :lol: :lol:

Sorry yes that’s my do all bike!!
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

OP,you don’t say when but any time before Easter you’ll need to go further south than Europe to be warm. Try Morocco!

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”