Go Big and Ride Small

The Things We Ride
Tink
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Tink » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:30 pm
My new addition to the small stable.
A Honda Annova 125.
Rides great!EAC9F43E-CF40-4C6E-9A78-5B32334C5DF9.jpegE9B7DFB9-2B98-4ECD-BE52-28D18CEC5FA2.jpeg
Was this the bike you were telling me about 🤔

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
User avatar
Godspeed
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 932 times
Been thanked: 585 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Godspeed » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Tink wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:26 pm
Godspeed wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:30 pm
My new addition to the small stable.
A Honda Annova 125.
Rides great!EAC9F43E-CF40-4C6E-9A78-5B32334C5DF9.jpegE9B7DFB9-2B98-4ECD-BE52-28D18CEC5FA2.jpeg
Was this the bike you were telling me about 🤔
Yep, this’ll be my ride to Romania and back next year 😜
CBF125 (Sports tourer)

XR125L (workhorse)

ANF125 (Distance, loads up well)

Monkey Bike (Fun, for light off-road)

C90 (off Road mean machine)

Tink
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Tink » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:26 pm
Tink wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:26 pm
Godspeed wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:30 pm
My new addition to the small stable.
A Honda Annova 125.
Rides great!EAC9F43E-CF40-4C6E-9A78-5B32334C5DF9.jpegE9B7DFB9-2B98-4ECD-BE52-28D18CEC5FA2.jpeg
Was this the bike you were telling me about 🤔
Yep, this’ll be my ride to Romania and back next year 😜
Your game on Chris 👍👍....
Looks a cracking bike 👍... Enjoy 👌🍻🍻

User avatar
Godspeed
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 932 times
Been thanked: 585 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Godspeed » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:07 pm

Took the Innova camping in Porlock this weekend. What glorious weather it was!
The panniers I bought a while ago fitted great and kept the centre of gravity really low, they’re pretty cavernous so I could fit loads of stuff in and will easily take my gear for next year.
The one thing I did find was having such a low weight of bike meant that Porlock hill going up and down was a real doddle.
Fully laden I could cruise at 49mph and the best bit was it returned 154mpg. That’s crazy!!
6BE86762-4F48-4F77-86F5-356EDA9B53EF.jpeg
6BE86762-4F48-4F77-86F5-356EDA9B53EF.jpeg (154.61 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
82402516-5C92-4632-B77E-5B6F6F85022C.jpeg
82402516-5C92-4632-B77E-5B6F6F85022C.jpeg (214.64 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
CBF125 (Sports tourer)

XR125L (workhorse)

ANF125 (Distance, loads up well)

Monkey Bike (Fun, for light off-road)

C90 (off Road mean machine)

Mad Hatter
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Mad Hatter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:16 am

I blame you for this godspeed....
IMG_20190723_222009_8.jpg
IMG_20190723_222009_8.jpg (109.63 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
I love my KTM and my husky but since I got rid of my Dr I've been missing mild mannered slow road riding, the Mrs doesnt ride this one anymore and it's not worth anything because it's Chinese so I thought bugger it I'll have it, just needs a service and a going over before I take it for an MOT.

User avatar
Godspeed
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 932 times
Been thanked: 585 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Godspeed » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:26 am

That looks fun!!! 👍
CBF125 (Sports tourer)

XR125L (workhorse)

ANF125 (Distance, loads up well)

Monkey Bike (Fun, for light off-road)

C90 (off Road mean machine)

User avatar
boboneleg
Posts: 4574
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 pm
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by boboneleg » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am

Godspeed wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:07 pm
and the best bit was it returned 154mpg.
:o :o :o :o :o
one-legged adventurer

Mad Hatter
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Mad Hatter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:24 am

Godspeed wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:26 am
That looks fun!!! 👍
It's a sinnis trackstar, got it off eBay sight unseen for £450 and apart from not going much over 55mph it's never missed a beat, carried the Mrs round a lot of Wales with touring stuff on and kept up with my Dr for the most part. I got it back home last week and after nearly 2 years of being in various gardens under a tarp I put a new battery on it and it's started on the third crank :o

It's tiny, and it's slow, but I can't change the slow part with a few little mods and it'll fill a gap until I've got the money for a wee 250 scrambler :D

Mad Hatter
Posts: 1648
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Mad Hatter » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Well for about £20 in parts (headlight bulb and new handlebars after I stole them for a different bike) and the spare battery for my KTM, it's got an MOT, all ready apart from gear for a tiny bike weekend tour with the Mrs next weekend :D
IMG_20190805_110945_6.jpg
IMG_20190805_110945_6.jpg (93.67 KiB) Viewed 2158 times

Tink
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Go Big and Ride Small

Post by Tink » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:24 pm
Well for about £20 in parts (headlight bulb and new handlebars after I stole them for a different bike) and the spare battery for my KTM, it's got an MOT, all ready apart from gear for a tiny bike weekend tour with the Mrs next weekend :D

IMG_20190805_110945_6.jpg
Blimey!!!.... You soon got that sorted👍👍👍👍👍

Post Reply

Return to “BIKES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 110 guests