Classic from our local constabulary

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Welsh Gar

Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Welsh Gar »

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 ... ?ref=ebmpn

Look out if you're around South Wales on a trail bike.. you're likely not to get served!!

Is this a joke ?? 😁😁😁
frenchy3

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by frenchy3 »

I think they are being serious. I do like some of the comments against this idea on the website. I was travelling with a Norfolk TRF rideout and we were all refused fuel because in the words of the attendant "there are too many of you" We explained we were going to fill up and buy food and drinks from the shop too. We were told if we didn,t leave they would phone the police saying there was a gang of illegal off roaders on the forecourt. Needless to say none of us ever went back there again on either our bikes or in our cars.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

That'll really work for those who buy their fuel in cans! :roll:
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

Just wear a burka over your crash helmet and you'll be alright.

Trevor
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Okay the strategy is........Denying the public access to fuel on the pretext that their vehicle could be illegal and that they may be about to commit an offence.
Then explaining the strategy in the local paper.
The local scrotes are then pre-warned, then they buy their fuel in cans, whilst the innocent bikers are denied fuel.
Far better for the police to covertly watch popular fuel stations and actually catch the buggers on their bikes as they are filling up.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Pushing the responsibility for policing the Law onto someone else who has no training in recognising what is illegal anyway is indicative of how ineffectual and desperate our Police force has become.

I
Its a trick............get an Axe
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

frenchy3 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm I think they are being serious. I do like some of the comments against this idea on the website. I was travelling with a Norfolk TRF rideout and we were all refused fuel because in the words of the attendant "there are too many of you" We explained we were going to fill up and buy food and drinks from the shop too. We were told if we didn,t leave they would phone the police saying there was a gang of illegal off roaders on the forecourt. Needless to say none of us ever went back there again on either our bikes or in our cars.
Where about was this? I ride in Norfolk a fair bit.
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

How will they decide who is "an illegal off-road biker" and who isn't ? It sounds completely stupid from beginning to end. Sounds to me to be (yet) another dig at those who don't conform in some way.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Pint Master wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 am
frenchy3 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm I think they are being serious. I do like some of the comments against this idea on the website. I was travelling with a Norfolk TRF rideout and we were all refused fuel because in the words of the attendant "there are too many of you" We explained we were going to fill up and buy food and drinks from the shop too. We were told if we didn,t leave they would phone the police saying there was a gang of illegal off roaders on the forecourt. Needless to say none of us ever went back there again on either our bikes or in our cars.
Where about was this? I ride in Norfolk a fair bit.
It was the BP garage on the Norwich bound carriageway on the Thetford A11 bypass. It was some time ago but it still annoys me. Also a garage in Thetford refused to let me jetwash my bike on the way home from a trail ride because"my bike was too dirty" This was the same garage that made my wife move her broken down Mini on her own as they said a delivery was due. She rang me and i came down with a can of WD40 and a cloth as it was the classic water in the distributor problem. I got there as they were having a right go at her. I might have mentioned to them that was probably not a good idea......or similar sentiments!
Toe

Post by Toe »

fatowl wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:28 am How will they decide who is "an illegal off-road biker" and who isn't ? It sounds completely stupid from beginning to end. Sounds to me to be (yet) another dig at those who don't conform in some way.
I assume it's the attendants judgement? A judgement that I wouldn't trust even if they were reading a well-known fact off a piece of paper in front of them
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “THE PUB”