Classic from our local constabulary

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Welsh Gar
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 pm
Location: Newport
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Welsh Gar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:16 pm

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 ... ?ref=ebmpn

Look out if you're around South Wales on a trail bike.. you're likely not to get served!!

Is this a joke ?? 😁😁😁

User avatar
frenchy3
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by frenchy3 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm

I think they are being serious. I do like some of the comments against this idea on the website. I was travelling with a Norfolk TRF rideout and we were all refused fuel because in the words of the attendant "there are too many of you" We explained we were going to fill up and buy food and drinks from the shop too. We were told if we didn,t leave they would phone the police saying there was a gang of illegal off roaders on the forecourt. Needless to say none of us ever went back there again on either our bikes or in our cars.

User avatar
Oop North John
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Oop North John » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 pm

That'll really work for those who buy their fuel in cans! :roll:

User avatar
Trevor Twobikes
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Trevor Twobikes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Just wear a burka over your crash helmet and you'll be alright.

Trevor

User avatar
SteveW
Posts: 3758
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by SteveW » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:56 am

Okay the strategy is........Denying the public access to fuel on the pretext that their vehicle could be illegal and that they may be about to commit an offence.
Then explaining the strategy in the local paper.
The local scrotes are then pre-warned, then they buy their fuel in cans, whilst the innocent bikers are denied fuel.
Far better for the police to covertly watch popular fuel stations and actually catch the buggers on their bikes as they are filling up.

User avatar
Asgard
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:45 pm
Location: Variable
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Asgard » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:08 am

Pushing the responsibility for policing the Law onto someone else who has no training in recognising what is illegal anyway is indicative of how ineffectual and desperate our Police force has become.

I

User avatar
Pint Master
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:03 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Pint Master » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 am

frenchy3 wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm
I think they are being serious. I do like some of the comments against this idea on the website. I was travelling with a Norfolk TRF rideout and we were all refused fuel because in the words of the attendant "there are too many of you" We explained we were going to fill up and buy food and drinks from the shop too. We were told if we didn,t leave they would phone the police saying there was a gang of illegal off roaders on the forecourt. Needless to say none of us ever went back there again on either our bikes or in our cars.
Where about was this? I ride in Norfolk a fair bit.

User avatar
fatowl
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by fatowl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:28 am

How will they decide who is "an illegal off-road biker" and who isn't ? It sounds completely stupid from beginning to end. Sounds to me to be (yet) another dig at those who don't conform in some way.

User avatar
frenchy3
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by frenchy3 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:59 am

Pint Master wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 am
frenchy3 wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm
I think they are being serious. I do like some of the comments against this idea on the website. I was travelling with a Norfolk TRF rideout and we were all refused fuel because in the words of the attendant "there are too many of you" We explained we were going to fill up and buy food and drinks from the shop too. We were told if we didn,t leave they would phone the police saying there was a gang of illegal off roaders on the forecourt. Needless to say none of us ever went back there again on either our bikes or in our cars.
Where about was this? I ride in Norfolk a fair bit.
It was the BP garage on the Norwich bound carriageway on the Thetford A11 bypass. It was some time ago but it still annoys me. Also a garage in Thetford refused to let me jetwash my bike on the way home from a trail ride because"my bike was too dirty" This was the same garage that made my wife move her broken down Mini on her own as they said a delivery was due. She rang me and i came down with a can of WD40 and a cloth as it was the classic water in the distributor problem. I got there as they were having a right go at her. I might have mentioned to them that was probably not a good idea......or similar sentiments!

User avatar
Toe
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Classic from our local constabulary

Post by Toe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 pm

fatowl wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:28 am
How will they decide who is "an illegal off-road biker" and who isn't ? It sounds completely stupid from beginning to end. Sounds to me to be (yet) another dig at those who don't conform in some way.
I assume it's the attendants judgement? A judgement that I wouldn't trust even if they were reading a well-known fact off a piece of paper in front of them
DRZ 400 πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§Daytona 675

Post Reply

Return to β€œTHE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 31 guests