TET pending so time to buy not rent

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Peteonwheels

TET pending so time to buy not rent

Post by Peteonwheels »

Been adventure riding like a tourist for a while (hiring) and now planning a 2 month TET trip and looking to get my hands on a CCM450 Adv for the job. So I thought joining a decent adventure forum might be a great way to keep informed on whats hot - and maybe learn a bit...
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: TET pending so time to buy not rent

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There's been a bit of mixed bag of experiences with that bike reported by owners on this forum...you'll find lots of info (god and bad) with a search.
herman

Post by herman »

There are/were six for sale Tidworth area I believe.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Peteonwheels wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:47 pm So I thought joining a decent adventure forum
When you find a decent forum let us know 8-) :lol:

There is a CCM 640 all TET ready that is for sale on this very forum.

You may also want to check out the TET forum, all your questions will be answered on that forum
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

If you do facebook there's a couple of CCM forums on there

CCM GP450 Riders as moderated by the factory & CCM GP450 Riders Uncut which is a lot less lovey dove but has some excellent information. There's a couple up for sale on there at the moment.

Not the easiest of bike to own, I think most of us have a bit of a love / hate relationship (often on the same day) & there's a few on here where it was just hate :shock:

I'm off on mine Sunday for a week
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

It's certainly a Marmite bike. Not helped by a few appearing to be problem magnets too.
I did the Pyrenees Vibraction Route 5 last September plus a chunk of the TET. For me the bike was pretty much ideal. I've had two warranty issues which have been dealt with promptly. Approaching 12,000 miles in 20 months and I'm off doing the RallyMoto Wales 500 this weekend. It suits me.

In the Peaks.
In the Pyrenees.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Peteonwheels

Post by Peteonwheels »

herman wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:00 pm There are/were six for sale Tidworth area I believe.
Thanks, I will get looking. Great forum already :)
Peteonwheels

Post by Peteonwheels »

P4ulie wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:15 pm If you do facebook there's a couple of CCM forums on there

CCM GP450 Riders as moderated by the factory & CCM GP450 Riders Uncut which is a lot less lovey dove but has some excellent information. There's a couple up for sale on there at the moment.

Not the easiest of bike to own, I think most of us have a bit of a love / hate relationship (often on the same day) & there's a few on here where it was just hate :shock:

I'm off on mine Sunday for a week
Thanks for the heads up. See them as a mixed bag, but I think I have to find out for myself. There just arn't that many choices for a 400-600 adventure bike that will get the off road job done and not require servicing / oil every 30 seconds.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I think most of issues were of a quality control nature. Which should have been sorted on a secondhand bike.
The dynamic of the bike is excellent and it remains a unique off-the-shelf light weight all-roads travel bike.
Mine was excellent on my Bulgaria - UK trip last year.
The attachment IMG_0152.JPG is no longer available
The attachment IMG_0163.JPG is no longer available
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG (153.74 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Having just gone mine back from the factory with a reconditioned engine and an extra six months warranty I am looking to sell mine. It is a low suspension model with virtually all the extras. PM me if you are interested.
Cheers Jak

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”