Electric Bikes... the Future?

The Things We Ride
OB1

Re: Electric Bikes... the Future?

Post by OB1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:18 am

Andi_Archer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:47 am
Thats not quite the same "need" for the end user .A reliable and long lasting mode of transport with a long range of travel is called for and there is no saying a model bought now will have software or even hardware support in five to ten years ala iphone models. A 1960s ford still has parts available some 50 years down the road so in essence they would just be expensive land fill acquisitions.

A 1960s Ford only has parts available because of enthusiasts and that will happen for any popular or cult vehicle. My first car was a 1967 Wolesley 1300 and it was difficult enough finding a second-hand quarterlight for it in 1990. But this is all getting off the topic. There is anecdotal evidence for any side of any argument.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
https://ob1uk.wordpress.com

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
Chalky723

Re: Electric Bikes... the Future?

Post by Chalky723 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:43 am
what we actually need to use them for ie. why commute so far, why do we need to travel miles for business meetings, why do we need to use them for leisure,
Because businesses tend to be city centric, but house prices dictate that we can't afford to live in said cities and there often isn't public transport that's available or affordable.

ICE vehicles are often the best way to get there & back.

And as for why we need them for leisure - because buggered if I'm working all bloody week and not enjoying life to the max when I'm off!!! :D

D

Return to “BIKES”